Charge Up Sound

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Orbitul

Charge Up Sound

Post by Orbitul »

With 1.9 i've been using the primary fire for passing a little more.. becoming more euro in otherwords.. However, there is one change i think would make it even more worthwhile.

Lets reduce the charge sound so that you can only hear it if you are right next to the player. We all know that the charge up sound is needed so that defense has a chance against a good shooter and this functionality should still stay. But when i'm sending a pass down the field i don't think EVERYONE needs to hear it.

There are 2 limitations to using primary fire pass as i see it. One is that it takes so long.. sometimes you see an opening and by the time you get to execute your pass it's already closed. Not much we can do about this. But the other problem is that everyone knows im about to pass a second before i do it. We can eliminate this problem. This way it will appear to most everyone on the field that the prim pass is an instant thing. It just makes more sense.

Oh and the goalie should probably have extra range on his ability to hear the charge up sound so that he can always hear people shooting.

Well, what do people think? And maybe you can at least try it in a beta version to see how it feels?
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Sounds pretty sensible to me :p
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

perhaps not everyone needs to hear it but at least keeper, defender and the guy next to the carrier should her it - so enough ppl to keep it the way it is?

jmho
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i also need to hear it from farer away so i know what he's going to do
Onge

Post by Onge »

I think it is fine how it is.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i think we should decrease the sound but not because of passing. alt fire should always be the most supported way of passing. but if you were trying to do this make it so that everyone on the same team can hear the charge up but so that the other team had to be closer than they currently do
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i agree with onge
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

I agree with me, who agrees with DavidM, who agrees with Onge.
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

Yah not sure what i was thinking suggesting a change that might make things a little easier for the offense and open things up a little :/

And defense is even my usual position.

Anyway, can you give me some solid reasons why you prefer it the way it is now? Why it is necessary for all to be able to hear it?
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

I agree with Onge, but not Sqleaf or David :p
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

DavidM wrote: i agree with onge

Doesn't want to change because he has no team, because he is difficult to work with. No wonder this mod has the same fate as faceoff. He just keeps it alive due to the slight possibility that he will get some money for phase one. According to bazzi, that will be announced in march.

Blame Epic, alway their fault, rather than blaming the average mapper who can't salvage a mod that was dying ever since the release of 1.9!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, you come up with another german-nazi comparisson, then you are even more pissed at me, post more moronic things.
just do us a favour and get lost -_-
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

bah, too bad i cannot put you on my ignore list
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

Fallen_Bullet wrote: Doesn't want to change because he has no team, because he is difficult to work with. No wonder this mod has the same fate as faceoff. He just keeps it alive due to the slight possibility that he will get some money for phase one. According to bazzi, that will be announced in march.

Blame Epic, alway their fault, rather than blaming the average mapper who can't salvage a mod that was dying ever since the release of 1.9!

Please specify where the nazi comparison in teh paragraph is?
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

bullet, instead of complaining about davidm, you should bring something to the discussion...

Also, davidm, dont see insults where the is no insults....

For the passing, I have to agree with orby. And for the same reasons ...