sprinting is teh suxxor

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

sprinting is teh suxxor

Post by Surge »

just to prove a theory in the other post true, i have begun this topic.

Sprinting suxxors.
FeEdiKo

Post by FeEdiKo »

sprinting is great o_0
EliCA

Post by EliCA »

Sprinting <- shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiiiiiiiit!
fro

Post by fro »

minutes indeed :D
Z_Man

Post by Z_Man »

sprinting is horrible..
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

Sprinting is ok in pubs and some friendly wars, but sux for cb and dbl games
mannyfresh027

Post by mannyfresh027 »

wow...

sprinting blows ass
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

Introducing sprint mode with 6 seconds of speedup (at full stamina) was a bad idea and is probably the main reason for the moans.

Here are some ideas to make sprint mode more appealing:-
1) Reduce the maximum sprint stamina speedup from 6 seconds to 3 seconds. This will still enable players to run quickly for 1/4 of the length of db-cube.

2) From having an 0% sprint stamina, make the time to recharge to 100% sprint stamina take 60 seconds. In time, this will make players learn that 'sprint spam' can make their team extremely vunerable to a quick counter-attack.

3) Only allow sprint mode to be used when a specific threshold of stamina is available eg. 50%.

4) Alter how sprinty mode behaves, depending on whether you are in your own half or opponent's half the pitch.

When activated in your own half, pressing the sprint button results in the player using all of their current sprint stamina, forcing defenders to carefully consider when they should commit to closing in on an enemy striker.

When activated in the opponent's half, attackers must hold down the sprint button to keep running quickly. This will allow strikers to fake a run into space and potentially commit a defender prematurely.
Z_Man

Post by Z_Man »

Yes, sprint will definately be better with those changes, but IMO it should be the same for both sides. Otherwise it just complicates things. Same with volleys, it should really be the same radius whether its offensive of defensive.
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

i like sprinting but w/o it's even more fun ;)

well some changes would be nice ...
but i dislike the idea about ake it harder for the defence - i thinnk def shoult have mor stamina or so
... but equal is the best one - and yes for volley and sprint ;)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

NitrousOxide wrote:
2) From having an 0% sprint stamina, make the time to recharge to 100% sprint stamina take 60 seconds. In time, this will make players learn that 'sprint spam' can make their team extremely vunerable to a quick counter-attack.

ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!?!

Sprinting sucks ballsack because it lags the game, makes servers crash, is used by jumping, doesn't let you celebrate with trails after a goal is scored AND takes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long to fill back up!

Nix the sprint!!!
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

Surge wrote: Sprinting sucks ballsack because it lags the game, makes servers crash, is used by jumping, doesn't let you celebrate with trails after a goal is scored AND takes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long to fill back up!
Sprinting creates no lag whatsoever for me, on what I consider a mid performance CPU combined with a high performance graphics card, by today's standards (XP2000+ Palamino, which costs £55 in UK and Sapphire 9700 Pro... UT2003 is highly dependent on processor power, just like UT'99).

I have not witnessed a greater frequency of server crashes on servers running sprint mode (3 crashes in 20+ hours of online play).

By linking sprint stamina to jump frequency, "Skippy the bush kangaroo" auditions will become a thing of the past, especially in pub servers. Strikers mainly use their jumps while 'volley spamming' around the penalty zone, by which time sprint is of little use at present.

Im sure that the sprint/goal trials bug is just a temporary thing and it is hardly having an impact on gameplay.

Perhaps 60 seconds for a complete recharge is a little excessive, but any less than 30 seconds will result in 'sprint spam' and make this feature less of a tactical asset.
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

NitrousOxide wrote: Introducing sprint mode with 6 seconds of speedup (at full stamina) was a bad idea and is probably the main reason for the moans.

Here are some ideas to make sprint mode more appealing:-
1) Reduce the maximum sprint stamina speedup from 6 seconds to 3 seconds. This will still enable players to run quickly for 1/4 of the length of db-cube.

3) Only allow sprint mode to be used when a specific threshold of stamina is available eg. 50%.

4) Alter how sprinty mode behaves, depending on whether you are in your own half or opponent's half the pitch.

First really good non-complaining suggestions. We'll consider them for 1.7!
Midfit

Sprint

Post by Midfit »

Sprint lags like hell.

Little story:
After I finally succeed connecting a server (4-5 tries - all of them has a nonstop lag, that I disconnect coz of it) , About a day ago, I used sprinting once to see how it is.

Cool, I thought, and began playing.
After 10 secs I used it againb to get somewhere more quickly (DOH), I had a nonstop lag again, and disconnected.

Laggeh!
Could be nice, But as u could read - dunno exactly how is it.
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

That'd be fair enough. I like it the way it is, but I wouldn't have a particular problem with this.
No. This would make sprint a special move rather than a tactic.
I think this should really be up to the player. If they want to use up a quarter of their stamina by pressing the sprint button and only have a quarter left it's up to them. The way it depletes x amount of stamina when the button is initially pressed is a great idea, and prevents spamming anyway.
Nah, should be the same for both teams wherever you are.
By linking sprint stamina to jump frequency, "Skippy the bush kangaroo" auditions will become a thing of the past, especially in pub servers. Strikers mainly use their jumps while 'volley spamming' around the penalty zone, by which time sprint is of little use at present.
Yeah, I agree.