hit by enemy can't be passed to

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

hit by enemy can't be passed to

Post by theberkin8or »

it is crap that if you are boosted by the other team you can't be reg passed to... if the other player boost you away there should be some way for you get the ball... with out the damn shot pass. sorry but in NA we don't spam that move. i forsee a lot of Ds in NA @ least just boosting ppl up so that they can't be passed to. if i am right this verson is going to suck cuz that is a big game play change
BloodyLoony

Post by BloodyLoony »

I didn't notice this... but the beta server was kinda uberlaggy so I didn't actually notice anything. If this is really the case it needs changing, tho.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

it is in the list of changes or @ least the list that my team member orb pasted in our channel
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you can still pass....you got first fire
but i see the problem

could be fixed this way: if you are kicked by enemy the lock is still there, but as soon as you do one multijump it gets removed

because this is just what some teams are abusing to do the broomstick move

cata, can that be done without any big probs?
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

or the d shouldn't be boosting the O up ffs... if the d makes a mistake the O should be able to use it against them... that isn't rocket science

and that is exactally what i am talking about for you it doesn't seem to be a problem to use "first fire" that is cuz euro style of play is very used to na isn't @ all we still manly use pass fire... plz try and think about how these changes effect ppl other than your peer group thx
f1end

Post by f1end »

theberkin8or wrote: or the d shouldn't be boosting the O up ffs... if the d makes a mistake the O should be able to use it against them... that isn't rocket science

^^IDD

tbh, i agree...take the lock off if boosted by a teamm8...but leave it there if u are boosted by an enemy...that way D's have to think a bit more when they boost.
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

uhh didnt even notice this, noway should the lock dissapear if they are boosted by the enemy.
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

f1end wrote: ^^IDD

tbh, i agree...take the lock off if boosted by a teamm8...but leave it there if u are boosted by an enemy...that way D's have to think a bit more when they boost.
idd, and as david himself already said, the game is quite a lot tweaked towards defence, so why even help defenders when they eventually make a mistake :|
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

can be abused, just not with a nonskill-altfire pass
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

or maybe our defensive players are so skilled that we need the alt fire pass due to shake :)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

or maybe you should stop considering reg pass to be noskill becuase timing a pass to a player that just got boosted by the other team is not easy :X

the point is if the O is boosted into the air THE D MADE A MISTAKE that isn't an abbuse that is the d needed to play smarter
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

have ppl realized this is a big problem yet?
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

If the defense boosts a player up, why shouldnt it penalize the player for making that mistake? Basically your just making it so that the d can hammer spam the o into the air, and they cant do a damn thing about it. The d has to work about this hard: |xx___________________________________|

I think if the d makes the mistake of launching the o up, why not let him use his quadjumps. Solution: tell your defense to not hammer too far upwards.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yep but some how davidm thinks that this can be "abbused" What the O is abbusing the d's stupidity?
i haven't seen but probably 20 goals from this kind of boosting since i started playing again(since school started again) and maybe 1 in the past couple weeks and when it happends it is the D's fault