all star team

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

The all star matchs, vote for 1 or 2 AND 3 or 4

Make applicants to all stars by teamadmins
28%
use another system (we could see later how or post suggestions)
10%
Make all stars of each div vs AoV
32%
Make small tournament with 8 teams
29%

Total votes: 96

Requiem

all star team

Post by Requiem »

ok, i gonna post here what gonna be the main ideas of the all stars games

1st, we gonna have to vote for the player

well, about the nominees, what u think is the best: should we ask teamadmins to give their best players in every pos like last season or should we put what we use to think as the best players in the league?

then, Bullet suggest me an idea, would like to know if u like it: he thought about a little tournament for all star, like a all star week end. It would have 8 teams: the 3 winners of euro Divs+ NA winner + all stars teams (1 for each div) made by vote

do u like this idea?gonna make a 2 polls for this 2 ideas, pliz vote
fro

Post by fro »

the tourney would be good, but there would be some overlap of players tho, so im inclined to say, how it was done last time (put forward 3 players per clan)
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

but it may not be fair that way, cos no admin is gonna put himself forward even if he is the best
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

and also for example a div 1 team may put forward their best attacker and another div 1 team put forward their best but what if one clan has 2 great attackers and only onew goes forward and a worse attacker from another cxlan gets chucked in the mix

(sorry for double post)
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

The tournament Idea I came up with wouldn't have the possibility of overlap. If you are on the roster of the winning squad of a particular division, you are automically discounted for the voting portion. The thing is, if this format is picked, which I think it won't, there would be some complications like who is the winner of the North American league if we discount goal difference.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

BlackFlame wrote: and also for example a div 1 team may put forward their best attacker and another div 1 team put forward their best but what if one clan has 2 great attackers and only onew goes forward and a worse attacker from another cxlan gets chucked in the mix

(sorry for double post)

yup but last season, if we followed the poll it would have been tezc vs cY13, so that's why we put only 1 off/def/keeper per team
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

but with last seasons method, a lot of players missed out on the vote because admins could only pick 1 player per position, and in some cases that meant leaving out quality players :o
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

anyway, with 10 temas / div and only 5 players, we of course lost quality players so....

and last seasons, all players blamed this system because it put a tezc team

but oh well, just fun matchs, wait & see the result of the poll ;)
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

the thread was closed, dunno why, i re opened it, u can vote again, thx
Imo

Post by Imo »

I think team admin puts forward some players (dunno, maybe a few more players than last season?), we vote, and the all-star teams play each other instead of the winner of the season.

Have 5 teams... Div 1 All Star, Div 2 All Star, Div 3 All Star, Div 1 US All Star and AoV play in a mini tournament with a grand final game at the end of it between the two best teams.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

I have discussed it with requiem if people choose allstars vs. divsion one winner AOV, and we decided, or it seems I demanded he include the "winner of division one of both leagues."

You idea of divisional allstars might be good, but people would rather play their hearts out if it was for their clan than their division.

If the tourney method is used...the teams would include:

AOV
Deus-IR
DeeZ(V3)
Rush Blue <-- by default because of V3
EU Division 1 Allstars
EU Division 2 Allstars
EU Division 3 Allstars
NA Division 1 Allstars

5 EU Teams & 3 NA Teams

*Note* - However, req and I might suggest that deez be disqualified, therefore letting fB play in place of deez and letting V3 take the winner of the NA league, pending the match for first place in a couple of days.

Hence, that would mean 6 EU teams and 2 NA Teams

Format would be Single-Elim -- 2 matches per round -- 15 mins on each server -- Final will be decided on the combined scores of the 2 maps.
Imo

Post by Imo »

Cross Atlantic deathball :(
f1end

Post by f1end »

What about a non-league allstars team? o_O
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Explain!
f1end

Post by f1end »

As in, a team made up of people that are clanless...or in a clan that wasn't in the last league...