Left CS for DB, smart move right?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Esorcismo
Banned

Left CS for DB, smart move right?

Post by Esorcismo »

Hi all, just started playing DB about two weeks ago and I really enjoy it (except for the occasional loudmouth thinkin his s**t don't stink). I read the changes list for version 1.9 and it really looks good especially the replay. But anyway, if anyone could assist me in telling me what leagues there are and how to join one, right now I'm concentrating on learning the position of goaltender. So any team in need of a rookie goaltender having time to teach me some tricks, just ask. I should have my AIM name posted so just drop a line. And thanks for making such a cool game it really rocks.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

i'm not sure about europe (dont know if you are in north america, or europe or an aussie) but im pretty sure NA has the DBL (deathball league...i think its the official league?) and NA has the ADBL, or something like that. If you are in north america, come to irc.progameplayer.com and join #dbpug or #ballers and some people can fill you in there on what's goin on.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

"Left CS for DB, smart move right?"

OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Om3Ga

Post by Om3Ga »

Personally, I think CS and DB are both great games, so I don't think one is any better than the other :D . You could try and join DBA (Deathball Academy), an academy which helps players learn deathball. :p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

very wise change

to find a team open a thread in the "clans forum" (another part of this deathball forum)
but you will have a hard job finding a team that needs attackers, there are more than enough, whats really needed are keepers and sweepers

if you want to learn the game you can join the deathball academy
http://dba.ankh-morp.org/

that's where the n00bs meet and experienced players teach em
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

its a wise change but dont neglect your skills yet cause you might get a surprise ? O.o

ps : cs and db cant be compared :(

but db is cool
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Well I wouldn't exactly call myself n00b... I do make a good save from time to time, but I guess my style of expecting coverage on passes and whatnot cause me trouble in pubs. Never played in a game that people actually used team strats.

PS: PLAY ICEDEMON MORE OFTEN =P
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

well then the academy seems right for you

to learn how to play in a serious team
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

1 thing, dont give up 1 game for the other

i play ET , UT1 and DB all together, just 1 game would bore me to death :) keep playing CS and DB, trust me, just playing DB = a bit boring atm :) inform ur friends, help DB get more members =)
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Well CS was getting old and I was getting tired of all the shittalking 10 year olds playing it. There are some in DB too, but not in as great of a number. Besides, I play other stuff like Tony Hawk 4, NHL 2003/2004, Bombing Run in UT2003. I'm trying to get people involved, but unfortunately my school schedule keeps me from playing as often as I'd like. But the Academy I'll check out. I actually would like to create an NJIT only clan, but that probably won't happen. Anyway, see ya later.
Axl

Post by Axl »

I was getting tired of all the shittalking 10 year olds playing it
aint much better him tbh :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

NJIT?
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ

It's a college.