idea: shooting innacuracy

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

beefsack

idea: shooting innacuracy

Post by beefsack »

i hate these threads popping up, but what can i say, im a hypocrite ;)

one thing that ive noticed about shooting in db is how precise shooting is. its not really a bad thing, it just doesnt feel entirely right. one thing i dont think we see enough of is missed shots. wow, that didnt sound right...

(another thing i wanna see is more powerful shooting and hopefully something like this will make it viable :ban: )

ok, who remembers some of the old games where you had to keep the cursor in the centre of the screen, in like the old winter games games in the shooting mini games. that got me thinking...what if the crosshair moved away the centre of the screen the more you charge up, and you had to compensate? what if there was more power available for shots but the cursor moved more quickly the more you charge? i think it would be interesting :) but i fear it would be too major a change to be viable :( any thoughts?
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

Could be nice :eek:
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Interesting, but yeah I don't know if this would really work out.
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

the shots i do require ultimate accuracy, having extra miss ratio added would kill me
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

As someone who does a lot of normal shooting, I think this would not work at all. With p-box camping, we need perfect accuracy to gett hrough any small holes that open up.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

heh i want something to make more powerful shots viable :( im sick of volley whoring
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

volley whoring is just what people will do if it gets harder to aim with normal shots
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

normal shots are real weak tho. a good keeper should be able to stop pretty much any normal shot from outside the box :(
HerbalTea

Post by HerbalTea »

I agree with you.

You should be able to charge a shot way more powerful than a volley would ever be.

Think about hockey. A defenceman can rip off a 100 mph shot!

This should how ever come with a penalty, like no powering through the "shake" or some kind of recoil with the cannon.
It could also be like a special move where you can only use the max once every minute, or even better, you would have to have full stamia and it would drain it all!
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

what is the fastest possible normal shot that can be taken from the pbox line? (my shoot timing is off or i would test it :P) imo it is probably too slow

hell you could just increase the possible charge time to say 1.5 seconds and then increase the speed... if you have 1.5 seconds to get a shoot off then you have done quite well
Last edited by theberkin8or on 25-08-2003 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

i dont wanna be a *dick* but lately i score to much in publics, easy 9 or 10 goals without really trying. THIS IS BORING! , i totally agree with making shooting harder anyway
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

This doesn't sound like it's going to improve anything.
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

i agree with rage and david
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I do agree with a fully charged shot being faster then a volly. and I certainly wouldn't mind if it didn't always fire straight as long as its not too much off the mark, say.. your halfway between pbox and center of cube and aim center net. it would atleast hit post.

the ball is very slow in deathball unless its been vollyed like 3 times in a row in a chain.

I was thinkin like this with the charge bar

Green - slow no change in accuracy
Yellow - normal speed very minor change in accuracy
Red - faster slight change in accuracy
overload - horribly bad accuracy - normal speed

the game doenst change much because the normal fast charged shot is still basicly there. you just need to time it slightly differnt

and if you want a fast shot now you can have it but with less accuracy.

I think its worth a testdrive...
HerbalTea

Post by HerbalTea »

^