Pausing due matches... Getting stupid now

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Axl

Pausing due matches... Getting stupid now

Post by Axl »

I agree that when a player crashes out of a game, or has bug then the game should be paused, fair play and everything.. But whats getting REALLY annoying now, is a lot of people are abusing pause, and are trying/gettiing matches paused for things like "Someone at the door", "phone call" etc.. or in some cases they want to make a sub, which again is fair enough, quickly drop out and get a new player in.. NOT PAUSE!! some clans are even abusing BUG calls, by "Pretending" to have bug, yelling "BUG BUG PAUSE PAUSE" then when the game is paused, they drop out, and a sub comes in instead!! They never had bug in the first place..

Then clans start moaning if the game isnt paused cos their defender was chatting up some girl at the door instead of playing..

grrrr. stop doing this! it quite often kills a nice fast/smooth running match!

:ban:
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

agreed...

/me starts the "Default Win for Pause Spam" Movement

(bit harsh, huh?)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

thats the idea... its a mind thing, you call a pause to throw the other team off their rhythm...

I see no problem here unless they do it 3+ times a game and do it for an excessivly long time.

Also, do you want to play 4v5 for the 2-3 minutes your team mate may spend talking at the door to someone if your losing by a goal? Didn't think so.

I'v gone to get drinks durring matches, i made a snadwitch once, i answer the phone all the time (gee that number pads convienint for that)... Its all situational, but then again we cant exactly call time out in DB without pausing it, now can we?
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

I agree, somethings should require a pause i.e. when ppl have a bug, or when there is a connection loss etc. But it does sound very hard to monitor, may need a 3rd party present =/

tbh the only thing that would close the issue completely, is if there was NO PAUSES. But I'm sure we can all see the problems this would cause.

Maybe there should be some type of option where teams have to agree on "no pause" or not, this maybe considered taking a chance, but at least there wouldnt be any pauses =)
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

I agree, if your on about our match yesterday axl you guys didnt have to pause for our player swap, just I guess it would come under fair play to pause if some player went afk for any reason...

(I fell off my chair once :( )
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

Well, surely taking a demo of the match would allow you to prove when someone is taking advantage with pausing? - tho without any official dbl rules to back you up there is little you can do about teams pausing the game because one of their players is answering the door :(

Personally, I am quite happy to pause the game when people have the bug and I would like to be able to pause for a sub - Maybe it's just a problem I have but when people are happily playing away in a game they just don't seem to see a sub-request :( and since you often have to let both a player and a spectator know to swap you have to make all requests in general say so you cannot spam it for attention. I think providing that you pause during a goal celebration or when you own keep/defenders have the ball way back away from play then surely pausing, making a quick sub and then playing on is not too disruptive? I believe there was talk of having a half-time coded in at some point tho I don't know what is happening with that.

However, claiming bug when you don't have it is lame. I guess there is no way of telling if when a player disconnects without warning (forcing a pause for fairness) if they are having computer troubles or just want to go afk to talk on the phone or somthing. I have been asked by someone to pause the game to answer my door, but I refused because I don't think that is fair at all on the other players in the game. And I have simply ignored the phone while playing a match - I can always dial 1471 to see which number called and ring back. :)
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

As NS said Taking demos wouldnt only help out in the situation with the pauses, but also with many other things which happen in DBL matches.

Altho you would have to get some who was willing to sit through the 30 min demo =/ (even longer with pauses)

I personally volunteer NS as he seems to be up for the job o/ =)
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

/o\

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that job :P
Axl

Post by Axl »

L33FY wrote: I agree, if your on about our match yesterday axl you guys didnt have to pause for our player swap, just I guess it would come under fair play to pause if some player went afk for any reason...

(I fell off my chair once :( )

erm, wasnt aimed at you cos i didnt know that happened last night, i wasnt around.. BUT, it just goes to prove my point :rolleyes:

Well, surely taking a demo of the match would allow you to prove when someone is taking advantage with pausing? - tho without any official dbl rules to back you up there is little you can do about teams pausing the game because one of their players is answering the door

Not sure demos is the answer, however, there are now loads of DBL council members/admins so sure at least 1 could sit in on quite a few of the matches, maybe just div1 games to start with just to see how it goes. - Hopefully when/if epic fix the shoot bug problem this will kinda go away.. There was an old TEZC member, who if he screwed up in anyway, ie missed a pass or a shot on goal, he would yell BUG, to try and make it look like it wasnt his own fault.. that really pissed me off a lot.. ban them all, bring in yellow/red cards and suspensions! :D
GraGoyle|ZBN

Post by GraGoyle|ZBN »

:lol: :lol:

I think Davidm should think about introducing a mandatory substitution rule. Maybe allow every team 2 subs during a game and the team can do this only when the keeper has the ball or during goal celebration periods. Introduce a universal 'sub' button or something?

The main reason for this idea is to easily and fairly allow the substitutions to take place, nothing to do with bug pausing which is a seperate issue.

/me hides under table..
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

God damn, I can't believe most people still haven't worked this out yet, but for the slow amongst the community:

Open User.ini

Blitz your old b= bind.

Use this:

b=bug|disconnect|reconnect

Instant bug call, disconnection and reconnection.
Axl

Post by Axl »

yeah, excellent for genuine bugs :) - have no problem with them, we all get em :) just the "Shit i fucked up, must say it was a bug" and the "someone at the door/on the phone" pause crap.. i honestly think a pause mutator would be a great idea set to say, 1 clan cant have longer than 2-3 mins worth of pausing. should stop all the time wasting rubbish we get now
GraGoyle|ZBN

Post by GraGoyle|ZBN »

:cool:
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

yeah, so when im in the house alone, and the door goes, i do what ? ignore it ?
Axl

Post by Axl »

no, answer it if needed.. Just dont expect/start screaming for a pause. maybe quickly drop so someone can replace u for 5-10 mins