IRC Channel for clanless!

Find teams, find players, arrange matches...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Golde[nG]un

IRC Channel for clanless!

Post by Golde[nG]un »

Apokalypse and me made a channel for clanless ppl.

#db.transfers on quakenet.

Plz enjoy chatting in it and come there if u need help to find a clan:cool:
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

Good idea!
Golde[nG]un

Post by Golde[nG]un »

thx :)
Coffin

Post by Coffin »

I was there last night but not much chat going on but several people in there
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

never seen such a chaos on an irc chan, i hope it gonna be a bit more quiet with the time :p :rolleyes:
Golde[nG]un

Post by Golde[nG]un »

rofl it was only the first time ^^

lil children all....

we had to op 5ppl to get L-Bot , we opped all!

NEVER do that \o/
Panda

Post by Panda »

As soon as Bazzi has done the coding business for it there will be a sort of "free transfer list" thing at http://www.planetdeathball.com

Hopefully that will be of some use too
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

itll soon b clutterd up with 12 yr olds spamming "i r 1337" zzzzzzzzzzzz

ill stick to aovs private chan ta, oh wait thats full of spammy 12 yr olds :/ damn kids!!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

this thread is kinda stupid, because all people who are in #deathball will join and in the end it makes no more sense :/
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

david just because you didnt have the initiative to make an irc chan like this dosnt mean you have to say its a bad idiea, and if you put something on the main page something along the lines of looking for a clan then look no further than blah blah on q net all you will need is irc program blah blah blah :)
fro

Post by fro »

err i think davidms right (oh how it pains me to say that).

surely all it will do is channel players into the teams/squads of the channel owners.

if you are looking for deathball related stuff, surely #deathball is the right place to start, re applying to clans, asking them is probably the best idea as it cuts out the middleman.
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

Yea thats what I said on creation...heh =\\
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

If i thought this channel is be useful I would have created it long ago, but I know what IRC is like.....everybody will just idle in there, no matter if they have a clan or not.....=> useless

there should only be a moderator and only classless players, moderator should kick all others, and only allow others if they are looking for players

but I think the channel would be empty then, cause the players who have no clan wont even know it.....in the end its not working
Coffin

Post by Coffin »

Well it worked for me i am no longer clanless after going to this channel
Axl

Post by Axl »

DavidM wrote: there should only be a moderator and only classless players, moderator should kick all others, and only allow others if they are looking for players

I think the channel should be +m and no one gets voice, Clan Leaders get Op. When a clan needs a player they can spam the channel saying ie "<insert clan> Needs a defender - PM <insert Name> for more information" that way any clanless people would see it, and if they are interested then they can contact whoever to arrange a trial or summit. That way the channel is controlled. People who dont want a clan wont idle there cos theres no point in it, (They cant talk) and clanleaders can see, normally by whoevers in the channel, who is available