Major changes to notpron and its ending

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Caine the Cat

Re: Major changes to notpron and its ending

Post by Caine the Cat »

Dang... Just saw this post today and I have to say that despite being grateful for the experience I'm still upset that it's over.

My friend introduced me to Notpron earlier this year and we tried to solve it together. We made it all the way to Kappa and despite our best efforts, it kept us held for months. It really sucks that we made it so so close to the end just working together, and now we won't have the pleasure of making it to the true end. Even after the announcement was made I was still too swept up in trying to solve it before I could even notice.

It was a fun few months getting to know and love this puzzle. Don't know if we'll have the drive to finish what's left now that there's no longer any real reason to do so, but it was great while it lasted. Congrats on all the years of success and great job to all of the tremendous people who made Notpron what it was.
amh

Post by amh »

Caine the Cat wrote: 03-12-2020 19:22 Dang... Just saw this post today and I have to say that despite being grateful for the experience I'm still upset that it's over.

My friend introduced me to Notpron earlier this year and we tried to solve it together. We made it all the way to Kappa and despite our best efforts, it kept us held for months. It really sucks that we made it so so close to the end just working together, and now we won't have the pleasure of making it to the true end. Even after the announcement was made I was still too swept up in trying to solve it before I could even notice.

It was a fun few months getting to know and love this puzzle. Don't know if we'll have the drive to finish what's left now that there's no longer any real reason to do so, but it was great while it lasted. Congrats on all the years of success and great job to all of the tremendous people who made Notpron what it was.
When you solve Lambda, you still officially finish! The only difference is there is no certificate, you can still leave your moral :)
Juli

Post by Juli »

<3

I'm sad that I now will never get the certificate, but I'm thankful to have the chance to still solve the other remaining levels. Thank you all for your great work!
Erra

Post by Erra »

All good things must come to an end. Still, with that being said, I'm pretty sad about this. For the past four years, I have played Notpron on and off, hoping to one day reach the end. Since high school, it's been my goal to get the certificate. I was super excited about level Nu, which looked to be a remote viewing level. Knowing that I'll never get to do that level now or get the certificate is a bit sad, though I understand the reasons behind it. I think I just need some time to process things.

Thank you for the game and the years of frustration, satisfaction, and knowledge it has brought me. I'll still try my best to get to the end, even if it takes another four years to do so :wink:
ajovanov

Post by ajovanov »

I just finished Lambda! :D
It's sad that I couldn't get my hands on Nu, but I had great fun with (almost) all levels before it.

I tried solving Notpron some 10 years ago, still in elementary school, but only managed to solve about 20 levels.
The pandemic made me try again, and I finished it!

Thank you for all the fun <3
amh

Post by amh »

ajovanov wrote: 03-03-2021 21:15 I just finished Lambda! :D
It's sad that I couldn't get my hands on Nu, but I had great fun with (almost) all levels before it.

I tried solving Notpron some 10 years ago, still in elementary school, but only managed to solve about 20 levels.
The pandemic made me try again, and I finished it!

Thank you for all the fun <3
Congratulations!
Snufjean

Post by Snufjean »

Will there be some sort of "new title" to whoever finished Lambda? Such as how some people here have the title "certified solver", something such as "finisher" perhaps?

I love this riddle and will of course continue solving it until I finish it through, the thought just came to mind :-)

Also, while I have the stage, thank you, Notpron team, for years and years of hard work and an incredible experience! Your efforts are very appreciated! May Notpron's future continue to shine <3
amh

Post by amh »

Snufjean wrote: 08-03-2021 10:38 Will there be some sort of "new title" to whoever finished Lambda? Such as how some people here have the title "certified solver", something such as "finisher" perhaps?

I love this riddle and will of course continue solving it until I finish it through, the thought just came to mind :-)

Also, while I have the stage, thank you, Notpron team, for years and years of hard work and an incredible experience! Your efforts are very appreciated! May Notpron's future continue to shine <3
As far as I know, nope. You can double check with Jay2k1 in the IRC channel if you like.
Shashwat Gupta

Post by Shashwat Gupta »

Hi!
I have two issues:

1) I am unable to see password hints for various levels. I have tried Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer ( Microsoft Edge) but in vain. How can I see password hints?

2)NO certificates is fine. But what is the proof that a person solved the game without the certificates. Please maintain a hall of Fame atleast..
amh

Post by amh »

Shashwat Gupta wrote: 30-04-2021 05:51 Hi!
I have two issues:

1) I am unable to see password hints for various levels. I have tried Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer ( Microsoft Edge) but in vain. How can I see password hints?

2)NO certificates is fine. But what is the proof that a person solved the game without the certificates. Please maintain a hall of Fame atleast..
PM me with your Firefox problem, it works for me.
amanda

Post by amanda »

I've been preparing for level NU for so long now...I've done so much research...and that level was kind of the ultimate goal for every "real" Notrpon player, so these news are almost painful to hear.
I will finish the game, of course. But I have to say that NU kept me motivated for so long...I wish I could do even a fake one at the end (just for my own pride).

I would like to thank the whole community and the mods (specially to Amh) for all the help and effort.

A big thank to DavidM and all the riddle makers...my life would be so different without this game :)
amanda

Post by amanda »

"Since high school, it's been my goal to get the certificate. I was super excited about level Nu, which looked to be a remote viewing level. Knowing that I'll never get to do that level now or get the certificate is a bit sad, though I understand the reasons behind it. I think I just need some time to process things"
This is so true, NU was my ultimate goal, not even my PhD has motivated me as much as this last level, so it is really sad. :'(
Mekwin

Post by Mekwin »

So what's the reason to play till the end? It has new ending or it's just one last level and congratulations sentence?
WW92030

Post by WW92030 »

Mekwin wrote: 23-06-2021 00:01 So what's the reason to play till the end? It has new ending or it's just one last level and congratulations sentence?
(Unfortunately) yes. There are only some ending pages now.
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I think it would be cool if there was something special at the end instead of "You won the game! Congratulations!"