Tennis wishlist

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

YoYo789

Tennis wishlist

Post by YoYo789 »

Hi, thought i'd post the things i'd like to see in tennis... i think it could be as good as db one day. So can someone tell me whether these are planned or even possible.

1) Three game modes:
___a) tiebreak (to a configurable number of points or a time limit) - two serves for each team, pretty much like the games in 0.5, but with alternating serve rather than loser serves.
___b) loser serves (to a configurable number of points or time) - this is what it is in v0.5, might as well keep it
___c) set (a configurable number of games) - a game is first over 40 like in real tennis (15, 30, 40, win), e.g. first to 6 games wins (must win by 2 games), optional tiebreak

2) Serving from both sides.

3) Ability for the returner to move freely as soon as the ball is served, it is silly to be restricted to your box until the ball crosses the net (unless that's a real tennis rule but i've never heard of it). I really hate the horizontal serves which you can return easy enough, but you end up 100ft from the court :p.

4) Curve on smashes, i'm not sure how you'd implement this but it would have to be a much smaller curve than the serve curve, and maybe only on smashes.

more to be added if i remember them...

so yeah, are any of these planned? are they possible? are they stupid maybe?

signed,
a db-tennis fan
The_One

Post by The_One »

good ideas.

also if you can move freely you should change it so the ball has to bounce first before returning.

p.s. shouldn't this be posted in the tennis forums? ^^
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

where are they? the link on deathball-tennis.com goes here.
The_One

Post by The_One »

here
seems a bit dead though.
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

Yeah some people act gay and server is gay, there should be something done about that, I also agreee with YoYo.

-[V3]InSaNe
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

ok nice suggestions, your first 2 are void though because we will be implementing a tennis point system, games, sets, tie breaks, deuce, etc. and the servs will eventually work the same way as tennis too.

im reluctant to remove the thing in 3, because the server is supposed to be able to achieve advantage on their serv, and with free movement its almost a hinderence rather than a advantage giver. let me just say tho, if it does stay the way it is...you can ALWAYS return any serv, servs, the servs on the line just need great timing to hit... and as those are perfect servs i think this is the way it should be.

curve on smashes why? you mean so you can do them from standing possition and curve them downwards? thats seems like a bit of a rally killer

oh and post stuff here, we're using these forums, http://www.deathball-tennis.com points to these too
Last edited by gutterflower on 19-07-2003 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

How about making it so you can move into the tramlines before the ball crosses the net on serves
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

If a player moves too wide - you serve down the middle.
This is what you do in normal tennis.

It makes your server less predictable and gives you more of an advantage.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Seriously - the inability to move is the WORST aspect of the game. It really does unbalance it and makes it blatantly dumb.
You know and can see where the ball is going - but can't get there. Point over.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

/me wanna naked pic of kournikova on the wall :lol:
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

yay, stu agrees with me!

(first time for everything :p )
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

[Bk°Requiem] wrote: /me wanna naked pic of kournikova on the wall :lol:

lol, find one first :p
Rainbow Dragon

Post by Rainbow Dragon »

Playing 1on1 tennis i see that the player that receive enemy services is the favourite 1 to shot on the line and go to smash enemy return.
So on returning service would be nice to not control aim as well as in game, to avoid 100% frequency long line shots.
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

the reason for this is because currently you can hit the ball BEFORE it bounces on a serv (not so in real tennis) once this is implemented it will mean the reciever must stand further back and the server gets the advantage (just like real tennis)
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

so you will implement that we have to hit on first bounce, then remove the blocking?
if so, great!