Who's still around?

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

mrenigma

Re: Who's still around?

Post by mrenigma »

Hi everyone! Great to see new players.

I recently started playing again after a long pause (been doing this on and off for years). After a few hours I finally (finally!) solved -32. Now I'm on -34, but first I've taken the time to re-solve some of the older levels and update my notes, since many of the solutions were changed due to cheaters.

I hope to finish this one day... At this point it's kind of a bucket-list thing XD
Hoops314

Post by Hoops314 »

Hey All,

Notpron has been a lockdown obsession. Slowly working through the minus levels, good luck to all. -41
RichGirlOnLSD

Post by RichGirlOnLSD »

First encountered Notpron while studying game theory in university, sometime in or before 2011. Checked it out, found it interesting, and casually got to about level 15 (over the span of a weekend) then promptly forgot all about it. Earlier this week someone mentioned it in one of the puzzle solving groups I'm in, so I figured I'd take another (and probably more serious) shot at solving it.

I've been surprised by how well Notpron still holds up despite how many technological changes to HTTP and HTML standards. Though I do think Notpron would benefit from upgrading to HTTPS and free SSL cert options do exist in 2020.

Anyway! I Agree with @Hoops314 that it's a perfect obsession for lockdown :D
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I can't remember when I exactly started, but it was a couple years ago and I got to 18 and quit. (I'm not even sure I payed attention to the file which the level was about, I was pre-occupied messing about with the image name and didn't even notice the change since most browsers block it unless under certain circumstances.)

In 2020 I decided to try it again and got to level 72 over the course of the entire year and a little into 2021. (Sadly I asked for help from someone about 18 and they just told me the answer, although that time I at least knew the file it was about.)
scl3r4n

hi

Post by scl3r4n »

so hey :D , random post here , so i've attempted notpron a few times in the past , trying again (now with the added benefit of lockdown ) , wish me luck.
so how's everyone's day going?
nikgre17

Post by nikgre17 »

I'm still breathing, despite having reset my progress on this multiple times.
amh

Post by amh »

nikgre17 wrote: 20-03-2021 21:57 I'm still breathing, despite having reset my progress on this multiple times.
Welcome back!
Retchimi

Post by Retchimi »

amnot wrote: 11-02-2019 01:34 I've seen this Forum's been quite dead in the past few days/weeks, so... Hello everyone!
Hey, I actually just joined this place today funny enough.