BGSOUND loop problem

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

smiauf

BGSOUND loop problem

Post by smiauf »

I haven’t played NotPron in a while. I’m trying to start from level 1 using IE 11 (and Win 10) however every time I change from one level to another the looped music from the previous keeps playing. It’s not unplayable but is a nuisance to have to listen to 4 loops of the same bgsound over and over again. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Alternatively I would much rather play in Firefox or Chrome but from what I remember playing in Firefox requires extensions that as far as I can see no longer work. So if anyone has any idea how to make it work on Firefox I would appreciate the information.

Thanks in advanced.
Tbosco

Re: BGSOUND loop problem

Post by Tbosco »

I use the BGSound Player extension for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... nd-player/, this one does work as of today and it doesn't keep the previous looped music playing after changing URLs.

I hope that this is going to help you =D
smiauf

Post by smiauf »

Thank you very much. That did the trick for firefox. Do you know if there are any problems I might ran into for playing the game on firefox?
Tbosco

Post by Tbosco »

No problem! I don't recall any other issue when playing notpron on Firefox, you'll be fine (as I am, at least :D )
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

Hi guys, today I changed all <bgsound> to <audio>. You should be able to hear (looped) sound in every modern browser of your choice. Let me know if you find any issues with it. :J
ohadpinchevsky
Certified Finisher

Post by ohadpinchevsky »

Great! It works great on chrome!

Thanks for still supporting this website!
(I am still in the bottom 40% levels but I love it!)
Ohad