Teamworks killing DB

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

Teamworks killing DB

Post by Surge »

every1 says DB 1.3b was the best because it was simple. No Shake, dribble, no bounce vollies, no hover vollies...

This gave people room to actually develop and make a name for themselves. By intercepting many passes with the old jump system took talent, not just hovering at ball height till it hits you. The smaller defense hammer made it harder to spam the ball away and made more people be more aware of where the attacker was.

DB now is so team oriented that 1 player can bring the entire team down VERY easily. Giving away the ball, shooting from half, trying to keep and failing misserably. Remember back to those days in grade school before you were sex driven and girls wanted to play soccer? There were the one or 2 tomboys that were pretty good and the rest wernt worth passing to. This is like DB. 1 weak link brings the whole team down.

I dont play pubs anymore because of this. I admit i'm a competative person and all but if i have a breakaway i should be able to take a shot unless the boost some1 back to defend me... look at soccer. When they're on a break away they kick the ball WELL infront of them to dribble it and run faster. In DB you can bounce it off the back wall and get the same effect... untill now. Quad jump for keepers and their ability to dodge pretty much screwies up ALL offensive progression unless they pass. I DONT WANT TO PASS TO SOME NOOB THATS GOING TO MISS THE PASS! This screws the ENTIRE team, frustrates them, and makes them not want to play more and more.

Noobs generally dont boost, dont use right click to pass, dont dodge when keeping, and generally dont help in any way. When i first started i was a noob. It took me 1-2 games to figure out the basics. Smart passing, interceptions, etc. but when they do stupid stuff continuously I want to dig my brain out with a wooden spoon.

Bring back dribble! Its the best thing that ever happened to DB! It let people be more independent, sped up ball movement, and could be easily stolen if you wern't wide open. Much like in soccer, when your wide open you move up field faster! Its a brilliant concept no?
vF_Zonk

Re: Teamworks killing DB

Post by vF_Zonk »

Originally posted by Surge

Bring back dribble!

no thanks
The_One

Post by The_One »

No.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

Teamworks killing DB
wtf surge, the huge amount of teamwork is what made db so popular in the first place. :/
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

beefsack wrote: wtf surge, the huge amount of teamwork is what made db so popular in the first place. :/

yes, i agree completely but teamwork and becomming sheep are 2 different things. When 1 player cant stand out above others for exceptional ability because they're forced to use teamwork is when it gets lame.

This is whats happening recently. The quiet charge helps a bit for people that shoot well, and i'm very glad it was changed. As far as forward progression up the field, whats dribbling hurting? the fact is that its safer to dribble than to pass sometimes when your wide open.

Like i said above (for those who read it), even in soccer, when you get into open field you run faster because its safer to lob the ball further infront of you. Well in deathball you can do this but because of the scale of the pitch being NOWHERE near the size of a soccer field you dont have this convienience (especially considering the keeper can dodge out to approx 1/4 the pitch length).

Thanks to the new faster gunswitch, i can basically use the wall to dribble all the way up the field, but thats very limiting because last time i checked, theres no wall perpendicular to where i want to shoot the ball eventually.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

i disagree
Ze_Raik

Post by Ze_Raik »

I probably don't have a say in this matter seeing as how i can in at 1.6, but if you will hear me out.
Yes surge you're right, a single less adept team member can bring down a team, after all a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. But the way i see it, thats to be expected of new players. Hell i remember when i first played, I had no idea what the heck was going on, and eventually i learned how to play (by no means am i l33t, but im not terrible). But on public servers, you should expect that. I mean, i don't think anyone who decided to go looking for ut2k3 mods, and then downloaded this particular one knew how to play straight off the bat, they're in a completley different mindset. And generally, surge, not every one can pick up the game in 1-2 games, especially not in the days of 1.6/1.7. So if your not willing to put up with new players, then stick to private "baller" games and such, because until you can get along with poor players, your going to be a miserable guy.

(sorry for being long winded, just had to get that out of my system)
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

The quiet charge up completely messes up my keeping, i might have to go back to using noob keeper dodges to save some shots cos of it. Will have to play some more 1.7 but isnt looking promising, sigh. :rolleyes:

Not being able to hear the charge up is stupid imho. If feel the need to change it, they should shorten the charge time to full power by 0.1 - 0.2 seconds instead of making it inaudible
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

if it used an arch charge pattern that Rampart suggested i wouldnt care if you heard the charge on a different server altogether.

The only reason it had to be toned down is because shake time is over 1/2 the length of the charge (which is for an OC 1.25 second, shake being .7 seconds) and the hammer delay is less than a full chage (being 1.2 seconds) so it was sort of a HUGE advantage for the defender....
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

Surge wrote: When 1 player cant stand out above others for exceptional ability because they're forced to use teamwork is when it gets lame.
^^ You aint that good m8, been playin DB for many months now havent ever heard of you. Stop bitchin' and play.
nameless

Post by nameless »

surge get a life and stop this "gimme-dribble-back-spam" ...
Axl

Post by Axl »

hehe, think surge has posted this, cos he is the one that lets the teams down :p
nameless

Post by nameless »

:lol:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

go play 1.3b, we open a 1.3b forum for you (so we finally get rid of you \o/) and have fun with it for the rest of your life
Spiker

Post by Spiker »

Surge get a life ffs
think everyon is just sick of listening to u moan.
U dont like the game go play some thing else.
:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: