New Transfer Limit League Rule

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

R3L!K

New Transfer Limit League Rule

Post by R3L!K »

Teams may exchange max 1 player just five times in a whole season!. You can always borrow a keeper, though, but if you do it, you may not borrow anyone else!

This MUST be removed.

Reasons:

1) Biased against larger clans who may have stand-by players from another squad.

2) Biased towards keepers. Why should the keeper position be treated differently. Strikers are as important as keepers.

3) Restricting how many players you can transfer per game is enough of a limitation. A maximum of 5 transfers is going to create situations towards the end of the season where clans are FORCED to play with less men. THAT'S REALLY DUMB.
Especially if there is a reserve from another squad available.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Conversely, if you remove it, it's biased towards larger clans... your argument doesn't hold water, rel :)
GhosT_Face_KiLLa
Banned

Post by GhosT_Face_KiLLa »

I agree about the keepers that should be changed. But not with the player transfer limit it will stop clan whores, changeing at every oppertunity.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

1st your team has to be able to play all matches with own players.
We want avoid that some players play every single match for both squads which is really lame. So 5 seemed like a good limitation to us. That means you have to play at least 19 of 24 matches with your own players, if that's no possible you should seriously get new people.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

How so Cat?

There is still the one person transfer per game limit.

It worked fine the whole of last season.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Seeing Nab play all matches for L and D, or Eryx play all J and S matches it totally did not work. And blue never playing with a pure blue lineup was poor too. These teams should not be in the league if they cannot afford 5 players.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Okay, if you have an extra squad it makes sense to allow the OCCASIONAL transfer of a player for a game, but for most, or a lot of the games, that eliminates the whole point of having seperate teams in the first place
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

A team is a team, a squad is a part of the team.

this just separates players in the same team more and more :/
GhosT_Face_KiLLa
Banned

Post by GhosT_Face_KiLLa »

Well makeing 2 squads is proberly the biggest seperation u could do .... so if u wanted to stay 2gether u would stick with one team :)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

I understand the reasoning behind the rule. To have wholly separate teams.

I am just worried that 5 is simply not enough. I know that TEZC only use players from another squad if we have no choice. But it tends to happen a lot because people do go missing. And I don't believe we are the only clan that suffers from this.

I believe forcing teams to play with 4 players when other options are available is a sorry state of affairs. There should at least be some flexibility allowed so that if the opposition is aware and agrees then the DBL admins have to allow it.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

if we stayed with 1 team it would result in players not being able to play
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

And could you explain the keeper bias please? What makes the keeper more important than the striker?

Saying that keepers are harder to find, does not hold any water. Different teams have different weaknesses
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

that's easy
normally you have only one keeper for each team, so if he is missing you have no replacement, field players can be replaced more easily
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

Take TEZC-L for example, I sometimes keep if our keeper has gone on holiday without telling us. But we only have one dedicated striker in the L squad. While Dark has 2.

In our case, keepers can be replaced, but strikers cant. Do you see why its a problem?

At high level DB, even a missing sweeper is a huge problem.

Edit: I didnt make this thread for the convenience of only TEZC. I see it as an overall problem.

Most TEZC players are not chemically bonded to their PC like me. Many have children and other commitments. All I'm saying is a little flexibilty is a good thing.
Last edited by R3L!K on 01-07-2003 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

well, the keeper rule won't bug you anyway then