a few MAJOR suggestions

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

vF_Zonk

a few MAJOR suggestions

Post by vF_Zonk »

i like 1.7 - BUT! i feel these things are 100% nessecary

1) Concerning Sprint. ATM, sprint lasts a long time, you can run across the whole of smallcube with one full bar, and jumping no longer lessens sprint. I suggest that it is customizable on the server how long each bar of sprint lasts. Some people might want it to last 10 seconds, some 2 seconds. I would prefer it to be about 1/2 or 1/3 of what it is now, but others wouldn't. So make it changeable! Also, MAYBE (but not as importantly) make it so u can choose whether jumping lowers your sprint bar.

2) PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE THE CROWD SILENCEABLE!!!!!!!! You have no idea how annoying i found them when playing matches. I would LOVE it if you could have an option to mute them!

3) Put actual NUMBER scores on the scoreboard. Like in 1.6. Keep all the stats too - they're cool. But we DO need a number to refer to score. Stats alone are crap, you want people to go to the scoreboard and be able to say "im winning by 10", not go there and say "i am winning by 1 tackle, 3 passes, 2 goals, and losing by a kill and 2 saves"

these are HIGHLY recommended. They are the only things that annoy me in 1.7
Onge

Post by Onge »

If you're really bothered about the scores, go to the server browser and click on the server you're in - It'll have your score there. Of course, you don't want to be doing that during the game!
Last edited by Onge on 01-07-2003 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

like i said,

you want people to go to the scoreboard and be able to say "im winning by 10"

:)

but the first 2 suggestions are a lot more vital (imo) than #3....#3 is still very important tho!
Onge

Post by Onge »

But the argument is that scores don't mean you are necessarily playing better than everyone else - thus I'm winning by 10 is redundant. Of course the same thing applies to the stats. I made 26 saves but wasn't 'Best Keeper'. And what happened to 'Best Tackler'? Why was it replaced by 'Fastest'?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the score system was crap, bad players could "win" etc, so its gone forever

sprint time will have to be static, doing it free configurable sucks, cause you cannot get used to anything, its different everytime

ambient sounds cannot be turned off right now, thanks to the engine
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

DavidM wrote: the score system was crap, bad players could "win" etc, so its gone forever

sprint time will have to be static, doing it free configurable sucks, cause you cannot get used to anything, its different everytime

ambient sounds cannot be turned off right now, thanks to the engine

1) yay

2) hmm couldnt u get used to the server u play on? i think it's ridiculous that u can run accross smallcube in one bar (if it can't be configurable, maybe put it back to what it was in 1.6, including the jumping)

3) then lessen their volume lots and lots and lots please ;) can't hear any of the rather important game sounds when they're cheering
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Yea, i can't hear shit in Cube anymore and it doesn't add to effect at all.

I dont remember which map it was, but the first time i heard the crowd cheer and stuff, it was more chants and stuff and it only happened at each end of the map (where people were sitting, go figure)
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

hmmm

if it were up to me, i would make it 0 cheering. or very quietly (no matter how excited they become!!)
Onge

Post by Onge »

How about they only cheer when a team scores?
Phragmites

Post by Phragmites »

How about they only cheer when a team scores?
what, and just jump around silently the rest of the time? if youve got crowds in the maps, they ought to make noise. everytime i play lowcube it doesnt seem to matter as much if we win or lose, but in cube or icedemon, im in the game, man... in the game.

- P
FineWolf

Post by FineWolf »

DavidM wrote: ambient sounds cannot be turned off right now, thanks to the engine

Humm... Yes you can, just type this in the console:

Code: Select all

set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem AmbientVolume 0
Only downside, it turns ambiant off until you type this in the console:

Code: Select all

set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem AmbientVolume 0.3
Enjoy DB Players!!! A pray your GOD! ME! :lol: (HAD NOTHING TO SAY)
Last edited by FineWolf on 01-07-2003 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

a CLIENT can do that and it works?
FineWolf

Post by FineWolf »

vF_Zonk wrote: a CLIENT can do that and it works?

Usualy yes, it just changes a hidden setting in the game.