International League

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Bodom

International League

Post by Bodom »

Can we get one of these to run on top of the current leagues? Any team could join, it'd run just like normal leagues except with half the games. Americans want to play euros, but we get ignored.

Please keep any anti-american flames out of this thread. If we get this, I'm guessing most anti-euro activity will stop from various american players on quakenet.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

I would love to see how euros play and such, seeing as how NS hasn't played any euro teams before...

Hope this happens soon :)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

we'd have to make a goal differential factor tho so 2 goals are worth 3 on an internation server and round down.

Its really hard to play normally on server you ping 150-200 on...
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

yea , i agree, id love to play american teams , but ud never get a fair reprisentation cos of the gay ping issue :(
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

just a game at home and a game away, sounds fair enough for me
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

the better team should prevail under the 1:1.5 goal ratio.
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

No gay ass ratio is needed, you play 2 games, one on a home server one on an away server. If you're really good you can win both.
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

Today we played a fun usa - euro game.. it ender with 2 games (one home, one away) being a draw and was really fun.. i would like to play more like this.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

But we won on away goals.
fs|Pele
Banned

Post by fs|Pele »

i was keep O.o , and we actually didnt lose dramaticly !!!
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

As soon as I took over keeping :P

BTW, did you notice how when the US team were losing on our server, we didn't flame or antagonise them, and just accepted that ping was a major problem.

Then when we played on their server, a lot (but not all) were spamming and teasing. Including spectators! A couple of the Rush players seemed like decent players and poeple, but I was quite suprised by the childishness of others. I've played Rush before with TEZC and never encountered that kind of attitude.

Maybe its just their form of competitive spirit, but if that kind of attitude is indicitive of all the US DB players, I'm not surprised that its popularity has waned there.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

seeing the american kids run amok in #deathball makes me not wanna play against them
there is usually a nice atmosphere in EU matches, but I doubt we'll get it with them :|
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

FireCell wrote: Today we played a fun usa - euro game.. it ender with 2 games (one home, one away) being a draw and was really fun.. i would like to play more like this.

there was just 1 guy that flame itself alone, don't really understand why, bit shame, but was good game and fun, and "playable" for us on US server, guess it was the same for them ;)
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Please keep any anti-american flames out of this thread.

Please, just do that. This isn't the place for them. Let's keep this thread constructive.
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

I dont see any flames.. i see ppl explaining what they have seen.. and it is constructive because if we are going to fix the problems and make an international league then we need to know what the problems are in the first place.