2.4stfu

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

2.4stfu

Post by DavidM »

So not a single comment on the newspost of the release. This is the most we can expect for developing this obviously!

So did the weird bugs from the previous version not happen again?
This is our main concern.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Maybe it's so good everyone's too busy playing it!

I can't comment as I haven't played it.
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

ahh ok well no stuck balls so far :p

only trouble I have been having is little lags on the server :) and also I still sometimes get the thing where everyone is small when I join :o not sure what that is about ... probably fuck all to do with development though so

so far I have no complaints or bugs to report :o

win \o/
dildo

Post by dildo »

only thing on curve, spawn as keep = outside pbox :p
priior

Post by priior »

(1) im not sure about this.. but i think i saw the keeper holding the the timer starting to ask him to let go.. then he passes, gets intercepted and scored on... then at respawn the timer is not reset... like:

"let go of the ball - 5.. 4.. *SCORE!!!!!!!!!* *respawn* 3.. 2.. 1.."

(2) keeper makes long pass, someone intercepts at middle.. ball respawns at keeeper again. i'm not sure thats very cool. maybe some sort of smart respawn of ball would be possible? ball interception respawns should give advantage to interceptor team not one that did the bad pass.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i thought about "smart-reset" for the ball, but it would cause more trouble than it would do anything useful. could also leave lots of opportunities for abuse
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

ive got an idea to solve this problem. Add a feature that allows the hammer to be changed into two modes.
The first mode is like the current one and the second mode would be a catch with doing a volley. So you hit the ball and catch it instead of hitting it away.
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

I noticed a second ball on the replays again today not sure if you knew that was still there or not hi2u o/
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

i know im stupid, but how would the spawn problem be solved by this rico oO ?
also i don`t really get what you're talking about...so u hit the ball and instead of it flying away u cathc it ? :hmmmz: i don't know wether this is a good idea^
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

i think it could possibly work... but _getting_ it to work would be weird.
dildo

Post by dildo »

cY|riCo wrote: The first mode is like the current one and the second mode would be a catch with doing a volley. So you hit the ball and catch it instead of hitting it away.

weren't you able to do this in dodgeball?
if someone shot at you and you rmb catch it (kinda like a shield) it killed the shooter if i remember well. Would be handy as keep, instead of just trying to get the ball out of the net without knowing where the ball will end :p well in my case that is
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

dommeh du dummy. es geht um einen "extended catch", nich um weghitten.

i had "magnet" plans 3 years ago or so, i might pick it up again honestly. but there is a bit of design to go through...i see a bunch of problems right away.
priior

Post by priior »

u mean we have to have an extra button on our mouse? :)

re: smart reset

if the ball touches:

Team A charges-> Team A -> out :::: respawn @ Team B

Team A charges -> Team B -> out :::: respawn @ Team B

this means, when the ball u charge gets reset (doesnt matter by who), your team loses the ball.

can anyone think of how this can be abused?
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

dildo wrote: weren't you able to do this in dodgeball?
if someone shot at you and you rmb catch it (kinda like a shield) it killed the shooter if i remember well. Would be handy as keep, instead of just trying to get the ball out of the net without knowing where the ball will end :p well in my case that is
yes, but holding rmb to catch it when its only in the volley radius will only make it fly past you
dildo

Post by dildo »

now it does, just an idea to change it :p as it has been done before with dodgeball mod. Like lmb stays normal volley but rmb gets some sucking thing or so so you pick up ball if it's in volley radius (in front of you) :p could get fucked up with deflect though but which button else to use :(
Last edited by dildo on 11-03-2007 15:10, edited 1 time in total.