Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 38

D`Capital_G`NL

Shit-Servers

Post by D`Capital_G`NL »

Awright, at our last fight versus fs, the server got really lagged somewhere mid-battle, and fs got 3-4 goals because of that, we all get mad, and leave, but there is no rule stating, that if the server lags, it should be a rematch, or played somewhere else, should this rule be included?
Panda

Post by Panda »

Any way you can prove the goals were a direct result of the lag?
Diab

Post by Diab »

a demorec would show any skipping about, if you got one recorded.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

we use the "shit happens" rule....
all other rules are way too inaccurate....and thats what a home game is for...
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

home = ur server
away = their server

its like saying, man u played at whitehart lane, and half way thru a tottenham fan swears at ruud and puts him off scoring!! so shud they replay that cos it was unfair?

no, home advantage tuff titties ruud, u scored 25 anyway \o/

did i say

CHAMPIONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

thats not always fair.

I'v seen some players get 300+ pings on some servers in the same country just because the network doesnt have as direct of a link to the server (more hops = more lag) but on other servers they're fine. This isnt exactly fair if you don't know of this in advance.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yup, thats part of the 'shit happens' rule

without it teams would be complaining after every single match
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

There was definately a HUGE lag. i had pings above 200 sometimes and thats actually unplayable, especially in a high-speeded game as deathball. I hope teams can be fair and play a rematch, because think, its not only about winning.. it's also about fun.
ZET

Post by ZET »

like in every online game the two teams should try to find a server wich has equal conditions for everyone. its just a fairness point. and if theres a ping difference about +100 for one team its just nothing but geyh to insist on playing on the "home team" server.
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

"shit happens" isn't the best thingy ...

what about i say i would be the server in a home match - with my 512/64 ADSL i would have 0 ping, perhaps someone in lan 10 and all the other .. well 999 :P

can't be fair but would be possible with this rules :(
D`Capital_G`NL

Post by D`Capital_G`NL »

idd, the next war, ill just host a war (i can handle 2 people) that way every1 will be hopping around with a ping of 999, and I got a ping of 0, but it doesnt matter, CAUSE IT AINT AGAINST THE RULES (/me says fuck deathball.net a few times for not havign this rule)
D`Capital_G`NL

Post by D`Capital_G`NL »

The thing is, our team was finally comming back, just scored a goal making it 2-4, with 8 minutes or so, still possible to win, but then, we were all bugged by increadible lag-spikes, and because we cant play like this, they scored 4 goals.

Oh, and btw, about the proving it, there isnt a rule against lag on homeserver, so why prove it?
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

a 'shit happens' rule is complete bullshit for a league imo.
any league game is pld for fun and competativeness, neither of these is possible if a server fucks up mid game making it a skilless hit and hope game.
and to the comments of 'if lag caused the goals then prove it' well it was more of the game turned into a chatroom of complaints about lag meaning the game was a shambles.

/unbiased onlooker
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

sweet... so i can use my uber-connection to ping the other teams players to death all durring the game to give them 500+ ping!!!

thanks david, i LOVE the shit happens rule!!!

:rolleyes:

your a moron.
Nero

Post by Nero »

Both teams had equal pings around 100 and the same lags. I would agree to a rematch if only 1 team has problems. You are just spoiled by good ping that u evev don't know how to play with a higher ping.