Notpron Translations - Paid Job

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

T-I

Post by T-I »

hmmm, I actually think that there are more Dutch players than players from Poland. In The Netherlands are 16 million people and even more computers:P. And I play more games than notpron and I also am on a lot of fora, and I know that there are a lot of Dutch players
janni93

Post by janni93 »

T-I wrote: hmmm, I actually think that there are more Dutch players than players from Poland. In The Netherlands are 16 million people and even more computers:P. And I play more games than notpron and I also am on a lot of fora, and I know that there are a lot of Dutch players

Hm, 16 million Dutch vs. 38 million Polish...
T-I

Post by T-I »

juppus, vs. 38 million Polish, but, and I don't want to hurt anybody, my country has more computerfreaks than their country. And we have more than 16 million computers and all are still used...
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Actually, did you drive to Poland and ask them about their computers?

It might surprise you, but I've already met much more polish people on the web than dutch people. The web is running through them like an infection, every day more Polish people get on. I wouldn't make the mistake and regard them as "just another Easteuropean country with mainly rural population", they worked fast and effectively to get rid of that image. Especially the Polish youth is already as internet addicted as in every other European country, including the Netherlands.

But if you really want to get a side-by-side comparison between your country and Poland, T-I:

As far as I know, Polish kids do not learn English at school, while dutch kids grow up with English TV even (and several other languages around), so do you really think, dutch people are unable to use what they grew up with?
T-I

Post by T-I »

hmm, that's right. We learn english. ow, I forgot to mention the 6 million Dutch speaking people who live in Belgium. But I want a Dutch version of Notpron, just because I try to make people play this, but sometimes, they don't understand it and don't know what to do. I also have nothing better to do at the moment:P.
Peuserejo

Post by Peuserejo »

Brazilian portuguese XDD
InF!n!tY

Post by InF!n!tY »

we haw english at school... from 4th lvl ( lol :) ) in primary school we can choise: english, german,spain or franch. in 90% ppl take 2 languages... german + english... sometimes english + spain or franch... but always english... (is becoming very popular....) You are right that poland isint a very modern country... but just read some, abote our history... WW1....WW2... and meny more befor... :) soon we will growe up.... :D
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

I recommend the use of a dictionary :p

The Polish people I've spoken to so far all said, they didn't have any choice and had to learn German. Well, looks like times change :)
norm420

Post by norm420 »

just in case you would need more help with french, i would be available...i am french canadian and on level -12 for now...
violao

Post by violao »

hi, i'm brazilian

the main difference between the two portugueses is in a few specific things... just like u guys use the word apartment and the british use the word flat... and the spelling of a few words is a little different... this wouldnt be a problem when they're reading, only if they have to type it, like if they're typing a password
Last edited by violao on 25-12-2006 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Since you usually get to read the username and password somewhere, spelling shouldn't be such a big problem.
jooly

Post by jooly »

Perhaps Wings might be willing to help T-I with a Dutch version? He's at </notpron>. He's not on the forums, but I could always ask him. He's a good translator.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

I wonder how you will translate level 59 ... or are you planning on a new poem for each language, David?
Orio

Re: Notpron - Languages

Post by Orio »

DavidM wrote: Since so many complain about Notpron being in english etc....I decided to translate the first 11 levels into some other languages, to introduce more people to it.
They don't need to know english anyway since for the other levels, it's just about translating maybe 2-3 words.
I thought it's only the first 11 levels, so 59 doesnt include here...

Orio.
jak0

Post by jak0 »

HI dave,

I can do it in spanish (I've seen your team is complete, but... who knoWs?)

btw -> I'm stuck @ lvl -20 for about 2 months now