Dear DavidM

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

{UFO}LB

Dear DavidM

Post by {UFO}LB »

2.4 isnt that bad, but there is some stuff in 2.3 that we like and that is missing in 2.4 ( Like the penis, the fast play ( not like soccer , small net, fast volleys ... that was in 2.3)

in 2.4 i like the 0.2, the down spin and up spin I dont like the big nets in 2.4

im asking here what the ppl like in 2.4 and what they would want back from 2.3

i love db and i thank u for making it, great mod, but the na community has lost 20 ppl who where unhappy with 2.4

and im not happy about that, playing in a league is fun and atm , it will be hard to do

so for the best of db, listen of what ur guys will say here

do a final version of 2.4 and take ur time to do it

i love db and i dont want it to die. i play it for 4 years, great time

so my question is "
what do you guys like about 2.4 and 2.3 and what they dislike and then "

there is a way to make all the guys happy in 1 version if u listen to us

Thanks for the understanding
Last edited by {UFO}LB on 23-10-2006 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
XiD

Post by XiD »

:hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz: :hmmmz:
[-SoP-]ATB

Post by [-SoP-]ATB »

yea bring back the penis
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

2.3 + up/down spin and nets 2*as big as in 2.3 would do it for me.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Don't forget about volley latencies.
We dropped it for the keeper. Smaller goals would need that to come back, which brings the keeping technique back to some mighty shit that makes no sense :P

I'm listening to all feedback and considering all. But in the end I will not have any decisions dictated upon me by the community. I'm making the game that I like the most...putting in all good ideas (if they work together), and I'm pretty self confident about it, that people will love what I have in mind....simply because it always was like that, even after the biggest moaning. I never have and I never will do a game that people ask for. Nobody can properly design something that he has no full faith in. Afterall too many people and companies do that (due to poll/magazing/community pressure) and many end up with shit....basically driven by money pressure and a boss that has no clue about games at all.
Anyway...why am I writing this novel? Dunno :P
Go on, I'll listen to all and try to comment on things that sound good, that won't work, that don't fit, that I don't like.

PS: I won't make several game modi with different settings (like sprint.. back then). The game has to be consistent. Every online server needs to run the same, so no matter what server you join, you know what to expect (except some freaky mutator fucks it up :P)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

[-SoP-]ATB wrote: yea bring back the penis

along with noobcannon, broomstick, "dribberling" and all that. it was so phunneh!
*LeC*23*

Post by *LeC*23* »

Make the chargin sound lauder pls, its so quiet here, and it was ok in every other versions but its so quiet for me from 2.4e (maybe :rolleyes: ), 2.4c was ok in that matter.
[-SoP-]ATB

Post by [-SoP-]ATB »

DavidM wrote: along with noobcannon, broomstick, "dribberling" and all that. it was so phunneh!

I definatly wasnt serious :)
[-SoP-]ATB

Post by [-SoP-]ATB »

DavidM wrote: Don't forget about volley latencies.
We dropped it for the keeper. Smaller goals would need that to come back, which brings the keeping technique back to some mighty shit that makes no sense :P

I'm listening to all feedback and considering all. But in the end I will not have any decisions dictated upon me by the community. I'm making the game that I like the most...putting in all good ideas (if they work together), and I'm pretty self confident about it, that people will love what I have in mind....simply because it always was like that, even after the biggest moaning. I never have and I never will do a game that people ask for. Nobody can properly design something that he has no full faith in. Afterall too many people and companies do that (due to poll/magazing/community pressure) and many end up with shit....basically driven by money pressure and a boss that has no clue about games at all.
Anyway...why am I writing this novel? Dunno :P
Go on, I'll listen to all and try to comment on things that sound good, that won't work, that don't fit, that I don't like.

PS: I won't make several game modi with different settings (like sprint.. back then). The game has to be consistent. Every online server needs to run the same, so no matter what server you join, you know what to expect (except some freaky mutator fucks it up :P)

wow.. that was kinda stupid. no offense.. but take offense if you want to. not everyone likes what you have done. and most likely, will do. this last release has caused well over 15 people (from NA) to literally quit db. so if you keep up this little "im only going to make what I want, this is MY game" act. i can see this game being overwith very near future. ...man
:-)

Post by :-) »

ATB, you speak like it isn't his game.

Anyway, if you really want to make the next version of DB better, do whatever the Americans don't want you to do. Nobody likes them anyway, and if you can make them quit db then you're doing a favor for the rest of the world.
{UFO}LB

Post by {UFO}LB »

I cant believe u talk like that melon because u were one of those who was supporting 2.4 at the start lol

anyway lets still give davidm some ideas about how to improve db and if he really care, he will do it for the community , not for him

we have follow you for 4 years davidm, hope u remember this

so do us just a favor for once to end it nicely
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

2.4 is the best fun ive had with db in the past year

nuff said
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

people quitting cuz of 2.4 is not because of 2.4's problems. it's because its too different from 2.3 and they can't be assed to adept. give em some months or so :P
i've seen so many leave and return -_-
Messy

Post by Messy »

2.4 is clearly the best version yet *imo* :x

Just producing some more counterweight to the negative feedback ;) you only see moaners posting in threads like these anyway, while the rest shrugs.
[-SoP-]ATB

Post by [-SoP-]ATB »

...clearly