Level 8

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

t4b

Re: Level 8

Post by t4b »

Hi, I've reached the you're close message, but I really can't understand what that hint is trying to tell me. Is there any downloading involved? I tried to PM amh, but I just made this account so it wouldn't let me.
amh

Post by amh »

You can PM me now
catastrophe

Post by catastrophe »

Not sure if it helps, but i found it much easier to pass this level with chrome instead of firefox :)

Good luck!
Chaosmeister

Post by Chaosmeister »

Hi there! is there a difference in un+pw between the german and english version on this lvl? if not i think i hit a snag.... i think i got the message out of the other file i was supposed to get and entered quite a few times in alternating version....but still nothing. any assistance if i am on the right path would be nice
amh

Post by amh »

Chaosmeister wrote: 26-05-2020 14:58 Hi there! is there a difference in un+pw between the german and english version on this lvl? if not i think i hit a snag.... i think i got the message out of the other file i was supposed to get and entered quite a few times in alternating version....but still nothing. any assistance if i am on the right path would be nice
Many solutions have changed, but only in the English site. It is recommended to play the English version.
tzelos

Post by tzelos »

Hello,
I started the game about a week ago and I was really excited by the secret "mind paths" you had to follow in order to solve the riddles. Level by level, the riddles become more complicated but there is always one well-hidden but logical path to the next level.
All that, up until now... In Level 8 I "literally" hit a wall. I did not want to ask for help here and I certainly did not want to search for spoilers. But on the other hand I couldn't figure out how to connect all the dots (and there are quite a few in this level) to move on. I spent a few days trying to understand how to use the given hints, I was almost ready to give up and I finally found the solution in the most unexpected place.
So my question is: The following levels will have "such" kind of hints????
amh

Post by amh »

There are hints for almost all levels, but levels get much harder as you progress.
bastonciTo

Post by bastonciTo »

After about an hour or so of thinking about this, i'm lost.
I know what "Jay Pack" is (i think), i know about where the "second song" is, and i know that i have to change something about said song.
After doing all that i get an white image with black text, and i haven't been able to figure out what to do from there :/
esmivida

Post by esmivida »

bastonciTo wrote: 07-06-2020 17:06 After about an hour or so of thinking about this, i'm lost.
I know what "Jay Pack" is (i think), i know about where the "second song" is, and i know that i have to change something about said song.
After doing all that i get an white image with black text, and i haven't been able to figure out what to do from there :/
I am happy to tell you that if everything that you say is true, the solution is staring at you in your face. You can PM if you want.
bastonciTo

Post by bastonciTo »

esmivida wrote: 07-06-2020 17:15
bastonciTo wrote: 07-06-2020 17:06 After about an hour or so of thinking about this, i'm lost.
I am happy to tell you that if everything that you say is true, the solution is staring at you in your face. You can PM if you want.
nvm i'm stupid :)
izaacwithaz

Post by izaacwithaz »

Hi, new to notpron and this is my first post on the forums! So I'm aware that I need to download the file to get what it is telling me, but any time I click the link it takes me to a long page full of random symbols and whatnot. I also added a download manager to firefox per what David said, and that didn't change anything for me. I have also tried the link on chrome, which takes me to a audio/video player page but won't play anything. Anyone know how to fix this? Since this has been around for so long I've also been trying to avoid google as much as possible to avoid accidentally seeing a spoiler.
Last edited by amh on 10-06-2020 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler removal
amh

Post by amh »

izaacwithaz wrote: 10-06-2020 00:17 Hi, new to notpron and this is my first post on the forums! So I'm aware that I need to download the file to get what it is telling me, but any time I click the link it takes me to a long page full of random symbols and whatnot. I also added a download manager to firefox per what David said, and that didn't change anything for me. I have also tried the link on chrome, which takes me to a audio/video player page but won't play anything. Anyone know how to fix this? Since this has been around for so long I've also been trying to avoid google as much as possible to avoid accidentally seeing a spoiler.
In Firefox, remove view-source: from url then right click anywhere on the page but not on the player and save page
In Chrome just do the latter
lucaszgheller

Level 8

Post by lucaszgheller »

I get to this part:
you need to rename the file instead of accessing another
Help me please
tichy

Post by tichy »

That hint is correct. (Actually it might be a spoiler.) But there may be a language barrier, so feel free to PM me and describe your line of thought.
elzbth

Post by elzbth »

Hi, first post here. I think I am also up to this step, found the "you need to..." black text and /m**3.mp3 audio, which I don't understand. Not sure what to do next...