Dedicated server batch file ...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

The_Loserkid

Dedicated server batch file ...

Post by The_Loserkid »

well, since i'm going to a lan party in a couple of weeks, and i'm bringing my p2 350mhz with a s3 virge in it, i wanted to create a batch file that would automatically start a deathball server

this is what i got:
@echo off
:10
ucc server DB-Smallcube?game=XGame.xDeathball?AdminName=The_Loserkid?AdminPassword=**?BalanceTeams=true?FF=.25?scorelimit=25?maxplayers=10?maxspectators=8?weaponstay=true?timelimit=20?Translocator=false?AllowBananas=true?AllowSprinting=true -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10
but the thing is, i can't get the bananas and sprinting an allow long shot settings to work

can neone help me

and ow yeah, could u plz tell me how to change the name of the server through this batch file ...

oh and btw, could u tell me if the scorelimit thing is right, cos i haven't had the chance to check that one yet ...

thx in advance
The_Loserkid
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

It's bBananas an bAllowedSprinting.

You're nuts trying to get a Deathball server running on that anyway. :)
The_Loserkid

Post by The_Loserkid »

Chrisfu wrote: It's bBananas an bAllowedSprinting.

You're nuts trying to get a Deathball server running on that anyway. :)

nah, i know it works :)

dedicated server takes 0.5% of my p4 2.5ghz cpu speed

so it will work on that system
The_Loserkid

Post by The_Loserkid »

the ballowedsprinting thing works

but the bBananas=true doesn't work :(

and what's the command for enabling long shots ?

cos bAllowedLongShots doesn't work :S
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

bLongShots is what you're looking for.
Axl

Post by Axl »

in the LAN we had a couple of saturdays ago we had a UT2003 server running on a 733mhz P3 512mb ram and it ran ok with 8v8 Deathball :D

Eventually it crashed (Like most DB server tend to do) so we ended up running off someones p4 2.4 instead.. Wasnt a lot of difference tbh

EDIT:

One thing tho.. Why are u putting everything into the batch file? All I did was setup all the deathball settings in the ut2003.ini file how i wanted them as default, then just had a batch file that lauched the server on a set map.. worked fine
The_Loserkid

Post by The_Loserkid »

TEZC-Axl wrote:

One thing tho.. Why are u putting everything into the batch file? All I did was setup all the deathball settings in the ut2003.ini file how i wanted them as default, then just had a batch file that lauched the server on a set map.. worked fine

see well, now that's smart

ty :)
Axl

Post by Axl »

np :)
The_Loserkid

Post by The_Loserkid »

since configuring the ut2003.ini file is even more complicated than this batch file, i'm just gonna stick to the batch file

there are still 2 things that don't wanna work, the bana and the allowlongshots command:
@echo off
ucc server DB-Smallcube?game=XGame.xDeathball?ServerName=Loserkid?AdminName=The_Loserkid?AdminPassword=***?BalanceTeams=true?FF=.25?scorelimit=25?maxplayers=10?maxspectators=8?weaponstay=true?timelimit=20?Translocator=false?bBananas=true?bAllowedSprinting=true?bLongShots=true?b2GoalWin=true
goto 10
can someone PLZ tell me what's wrong with my batch file, or send me one of their deathball batch files PLZ PLZ PLZ
cajuncook

Post by cajuncook »

game=deathball.db_deathball
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

I have to help setup a DB server later on tonight or tommorow. Can I just edit the UT2003.INI off my hard drive and then yupload it to the server later?! Where do I set all the stuff in it?! Like default map we want it to goto, sprinting on or off, etc?!

... or would it just be easier for me to copy and modify the batch file above?! What do I name the batch file and where do I stick it?!
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

By far the easiest method must be to start UT2003 set the options you require and tell it to run a dedicated server. Then change the Advanced options that wern't available in UT2003. This will have all the options you've set stored in the UT2003.ini file ready for copying to the server.

Not sure if that works using the batch file to run UCC though. :confused:
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

Ok, so I just unzip the zip and yupload it to the server via FTP to their proper directories, then I yupload the ut2003.ini I made here to the system directory and restart the server?! Everytime it crashes it should automatically goto Deathball now?! What about all the other settings in my ut2003.ini do they matter?! Because I have my ut set to 16-bit color and 800x600 rather than 1024x768.

How do I get into web admin?! Would it be http://our.ip.add.ress.here:80 ?!

Thanks for all your help.
The Hermit wrote: By far the easiest method must be to start UT2003 set the options you require and tell it to run a dedicated server. Then change the Advanced options that wern't available in UT2003. This will have all the options you've set stored in the UT2003.ini file ready for copying to the server.

Not sure if that works using the batch file to run UCC though. :confused:
Axl

Post by Axl »

ok for those that need help, here is my windows LAN server ut2003.ini and batch file which we used at our lan.

ut2003.ini

to have web admin:

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=xWebAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=80

Deathball settings:

[Deathball.DB_DeathBall]
bAllowedSprinting=True
bLongShots=False
KeeperMaxHoldTime=7
bPracticeMode=False
SelfGoalMax=2
EndGameType=1
OvertimeTime=5
b2GoalWin=False
MaxIdleTime=40
bShortReset=False
bBananas=True
MaxTeamSize=16
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
bPlayersMustBeReady=False
bForceRespawn=False
bAdjustSkill=False
bAllowTaunts=True
SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000
bTeamScoreRounds=False
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=True
GoalScore=0
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=20
Simple Batch File

@echo off
ucc server DB-Cube?game=DeathBall.DB_Deathball?AdminName=xxxx?AdminPassword=xxxx log=LAN.log
copy LAN.log LANcrash.log
goto 10
ok, think thats about it.. any questions just ask :D
TEZC-Rage

Post by TEZC-Rage »

TEZC-Axl wrote:
Eventually it crashed (Like most DB server tend to do) so we ended up running off someones p4 2.4 instead.. Wasnt a lot of difference tbh

If you remember corectly we ran it off 3 machines all crashing within 1 1/2 hours (not 1 machine every 1 1/2 hours, but 3 within every 1 1/2 hours) with the main same problem... (/me will write it down next time)