Why are people so quick to scream "N00b!"

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Have you ever been called a noob(not counting first time playing)

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 36

Kyllian

Why are people so quick to scream "N00b!"

Post by Kyllian »

I've seen it so much lately...
Score with a regular charge shot, get called a noob...
Make a goal using pass, get called noob...
Make a pass but it gets intercepted(happens easlily on small maps + many players), get called a noob...
Walk/Pass/Shoot it in cuz the enemy keeper left the goal, get called a noob...

One guy chewed me out cuz I managed a goal with the pass shot(He was right on my arse, not much choice, v/o wasn't specified either) then called it the noob cannon(last I knew, the noob cannon was a quick click of reg then volley it)
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

NOOB

:p :ban:
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

I know what u mean, when im playing a 5 on 5 pub and score because they had no keeper i get called a noob, i usually wait for a keeper to get back in goal if its 3 on 3 or less. But anymore than that the keep should be waiting. ppl are too quick to scream noob, just dont play pubs and the problem goes away, cause i play pickups where we are all noobs \o/
Alars

Post by Alars »

lol - in Australia the person who scores when there's no keeper gets branded 'CHEAP' for the entire time he's playing...
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

See the person that left keeper spot should be the one that is getting complained at, not the person that scored.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

idd \o/
Onge

Post by Onge »

Some people really annoy me, and those who use the 'n' word all the time are such people. N00b is not being used in context, i.e. a newbie, and is just a degrading term used to insult someone. I've never called anyone a n00b and never will as it is counter-productive. And anyway, isn't DB meant to be a bit of fun? Some people treat it as if it's a matter of life and death...
JODECI

Post by JODECI »

HAHA omfg nub bs h4xor noob nube nubbins newbie :lol: :ban: :spammer:

/n[y]oo'bee/ n. [verry common; orig. from British
public-school and military slang variant of `new boy'] A Usenet
neophyte. This term surfaced in the newsgroup talk.bizarre but is
now in wide use. Criteria for being considered a newbie vary
wildly; a person can be called a newbie in one newsgroup while
remaining a respected regular in another. The label `newbie' is
sometimes applied as a serious insult to a person who has been
around Usenet for a long time but who carefully hides all evidence
of having a clue.
Aftermath2k

Post by Aftermath2k »

Seriously, people are taking this way to critically...
If you call someone a N00b, wether they are or not, instead of spamming them to death and banning them, you should just tell them what they did wrong and try to help them overcome it.

And on the vo and pass shot, if a goalie leaves the goal in a 3v3 or greater, then its their fault you had to do a rushed shot. Its to teach them a lesson, not only to put points on the board.
Diab

Post by Diab »

i see alot of people (half the time clanless) say "OMG" when you hit the bar or make a unlucky pass.

come on it happens to all of you :P
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

I have no problem with n00bs, i know they are important to the health of this game but sometimes it is damn frustrating to play with you guys, i don't say that to be mean just to explain why sometimes i will say not so nice things. It isn't that i am a mean person (i think most ppl aren't) it is that we get frustrated, though i have seen a couple servers that are a little to kick happy with n00bs.

As for who is a n00b is, that all depends on where you are coming from, for someone that has played for as long as i have a n00b may even be someone who has played 2 to 3 weeks and can't make an open shot to save thier lives (btw the trick is don't shot it in a really obvous place).
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

One thing that really made me laugh this weekend was when someone called me a 'N' on my own map on my own server, just 'cause they kept leaving the net wide open... :rolleyes:
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

only person to ever call me a noob is khushdi, but

1, its his way of saying hell, (i think)

2, he dont count, cos i pay no attention to him \o/
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Alars_Crabri wrote: lol - in Australia the person who scores when there's no keeper gets branded 'CHEAP' for the entire time he's playing...

Thats rather lame...its not his fault the keeper left....he isnt gonna stand there and wait for him.
i see alot of people (half the time clanless) say "OMG" when you hit the bar

it happens to me ALL the time, i just say like "!" and keep playing, dont want to take the time to type.
Last edited by DiStUrbeD on 06-05-2003 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

everytime when I play ffa (using another nick there mostly) I am being called a n00b