2.4e crashes even more than 2.4c

Problems setting up a server and other server related things

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

heheman3000

2.4e crashes even more than 2.4c

Post by heheman3000 »

Hi,

I installed deathball 2.4c on my server about two months ago and we play it every day. It crashed once in a while, which wasn't too big of an annoyance, but we dealt with it. Now I upgraded it to 2.4e and it crashes so much that we can't even finish a game. It's always an error with the AI, here's a sample:

Code: Select all

Warning: DB_DeathBall DB-Blocko.DB_DeathBall (Function deathball.DB_DeathBall.KeeperLeft:0034) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (DB_PlayAnticipation DB-Blocko.DB_PlayAnticipation, Function DeathballAI.DB_PlayAnticipation.Tick)
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level DB-Blocko V1.3
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 112 MByte 180 KByte 357 Bytes from HD took 1.606997 seconds (1.224998 reading, 0.381999 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 7.565715 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/26/06 22:46:36

Grr...please fix it because I am too lazy to roll back to 2.3 and I already have a lot of players on 2.4....
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

hi,

i can tell you that in 2.4c the server often crashed when you changed the map in replays or when carrying/holding the ball. Or did it crash also when playing with AI there?

Anyway, AI was made for 2.3 and is not updated yet to 2.4 Versions. If you host a Server then remove the bots and it should be fine and not crashing.
Also try to play more 2.4 related maps with bigger goals, as i can see you played DB-Blocko which is still for 2.3

I dont think the bots will get an upgrade soon because this is mainly an online multilayer game, so dont count on that and think about removing the bots.
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

This will be fixed for next version.

Thank you for reporting the bug!