StumbleUpon

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Rincewind SW

StumbleUpon

Post by Rincewind SW »

StumbleUpon

Stumbleupon is a toolbar which gives you a webpage that may appeal to you simply by clicking Stumble button. It's pretty accurate actually, of course a lot of it is crap but it's a nice way to kill time. You get your own pages and stuff to show people, and probably lots of stuff I haven't bothered with yet.

There are lots of types of Stumbles... you can either get a random one (the basic option) or select a topic. There are Wiki, video, photo stumbles, and a heck of a lot of categories you can select. Have fun.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Thanks :) I didn't know there was a new version of the Real Alternative :)

Putting some ugly toolbar on my lovely little minimalist shell (I need my resources) doesn't sound very attractive :o
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

Seems like a good idea ! I just have enough little extras and plugins and so on to keep me happy for now :)
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

It is worth it Messy ;) Anyway just press Ctrl+F11 to hide it when you're done.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Well, I did find a very nice little site on plato's republic when I was testing it :)

Was certainly interesting.
..maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow :)
[WKD]_Thex

Post by [WKD]_Thex »

Well gentlemen for you who remember me. I have been using StumbleUpon for a little over a year now and love it. A nice place for sharing Ideas and meeting some great people from all walks of life. Yeap all walks of life from old hippies to Ex-NASA people (I will not say who) from wild women to crazy old men like me. Whatever you are into photography, comic books,painting, you name it there are people there to share their ideas and talk about yours. It is available for either IE or FireFox. Hopefully you are running Firefox for a safer ride thru Cyberspace. If you happen to try it out, look me up I go by Wicked4everDad and if you don't want to join or download it you can always find me on your local address bar: http://wicked4everdad.stumbleupon.com

I haven't played DB in long time but thought I would give it a try again and see what the new 2.4k is like. To all my old friends Hello.

Thex
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

notpron is on their list for a long time. im getting daily hits from there :o
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I avoid all extra toolbars, buttons or what not. I even refuse to install the yahoo toolbar, google toolbar and the common ones. Why?

I like to see my pages, not one line of them while the rest of the screen is infested with useless 'pop up blocker this' search bar that.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

isnt it funny, to have 25 toolsbars on your 800/600 IE and 2 pixel space for websites...

someone should try to get all bars available and take a shot of that massachre
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

I used to have that problem, David. I used StumbleUpon, buttons, and sometimes quick links bar, in Firefox. This was on 800x600. Now I've upgraded (big style) to 1440x900; most of the time I can't think what to do with all the space...