3%
..DB-NADBL (Why not?) - Unofficial map
10%

Total votes: 58

Messy

Deathball needs a 2.4 version of..

Post by Messy »

Well?

ps: I personally went for GreenBaize and Trainingcourt.

..Trainingcourt for obvious reasons, Greenbaize because it does what November does, but take away the walls \o.
Last edited by Messy on 19-05-2006 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

They can all use updates - AND - they need to have new names to distinguish it as an update/2.4 version.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

bowl, curve, november, trainingcourt
go davidm, convert them please! im waiting.
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

my votes go to Nov and Trainingscourt!

bowl is useless as there aren't enough people o\
Messy

Post by Messy »

Someone else will probably be able to do it tbh (@ David ;o) ;p
Imaginos wrote: They can all use updates - AND - they need to have new names to distinguish it as an update/2.4 version.

Previous updates of Cube, Curve etc. didn't need a namechange either.

Two words:
Official. Version.

A few more:
Compatibility. Support. Universiality.

You could have 2000 versions of deathball (sprint, no sprint, vo, reg, 1.9 physics, 0.9 physics, 1.3a physics, 2.3 physics) and everyone would be playing one /o\

What happened to everyone just accepting deathball was updated and adjusting to it and then coming with constructive criticism?
(Yes I am largely talking about the 2.3-/NA-community.)
Last edited by Messy on 19-05-2006 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Inphidel already made a NADBL map for 2.4
I voted November btw.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Nice 2nd post Messy, why do you go out of your way to prove your an idiot and an ass, on a daily basis.
fro

Post by fro »

^ what

converting all of them would be a days work at most
Messy

Post by Messy »

What's wrong with my post Twig? :\

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing to play 2.3 or that I suddenly dislike the NA ballers for doing so.
It just seemed (to me) a valid point to make considering nobody suddenly seems to be able (or rather: willing) to get used to a new version of deathball.

A lot of previous versions have brought on major changes, and then we all got used to it, played it, and then after a week or so valid points were taken in by DavidM/TV (..ok, sometimes it took a while ;p) and DB was improved upon.

What brought this up was Imag suggesting the maps to be renamed just as a mapper would (and should) with custom maps.
However, these are maps that come with the mod and thus represent it's qualities. The maps are part of the game and part of the gameplay (an open field without goals and walls wouldn't make the game into deathball).

Though nobody will be able to stop communities from staying with 2.3, imo at least the official maps should reflect Deathball as it is, and though officially a beta [though I'm personally clueless as to why it's not considered a full version yet] Deathball at this moment is 2.4.

I hadn't really expected anyone from NA to actually take this personally, but just to set this straight:
- No I don't dislike 2.3
- Yes I prefer 2.4 over 2.3
- No this is not what this thread is about (so please start a new thread or send me a PM if that's what you want to discuss)
- No I don't hate, dislike or have any intention to diss people that are either playing 2.3 or are from North-America.

[/essay]

ps: Oh and did you vote? :)

edit: holy shit bad typo -- gg davidm
Last edited by Messy on 20-05-2006 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Versioning makes life easier for admins that have choices between the official version and an update official version and an update to the update of the official version.

There's been too many DB-Cube.ut2, SmallCube, etc files released and short of opening it in unrealed in hope there is a version # in there, you end up with mismatches from public redirects. Reusing the same exact filename each time is asking for trouble.

If Deathball itself had a version # to it, people like me can allow both versions to run on the same server with full redirect support of the necessary files AND the 'official' maps that are unique to that particular version.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Wannabe, Imag is just trying to make it easy for the new players and maybe allow himself to be able to run both versions on his NA servers so players could choose to play either. The goal size changed and so did keeping. The maps don't work going from one version to another and you can't put two maps with the same name on a server. Deathball is what ever the community puts out there and Imag is just trying to make the best of it for everyone.

You spam, lie, are almost always wrong, and slam others often. You dissed Imag and your not smart enough to know your not very smart.

Edit: and I see Imag posted while I was typing.
Last edited by Twigstir on 20-05-2006 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

DavidM wrote: bowl, curve, november, trainingcourt
go davidm, convert them please! im waiting.

:lol: :lol:

Tribun, Curve, Bowl, IceDemon (ftw it owns! :/), november and nadbl.

TC is like.... we train in smallcube anyway and that has 2 goals o/
Messy

Post by Messy »

Twigstir wrote: Wannabe,

You spam, lie, are almost always wrong, and slam others often. You dissed Imag and you're not smart enough to know you're not very smart.

Indeed, dissing is a very bad thing :)
Ashleh

Post by Ashleh »

Greenbaize/November
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

Well.. at the moment.. ive reinstalled 2.3, attempted to install 2.4b and C and SE and blah.... and im always getting mismatch errors on the 2.4 servers... most 2.4 arent the same as in files and will get missmatch.

IF someone converts the maps (hi david, it's your game you want to improve), I'd like to see a new .exe/.zip of 2.5 without all the beta bullcrap and an .exe/.zip of 2.3. If N/A like 2.5 or think it will be good to learn the ways of davidm style 2.4c ATM, then it will be good for servers to keep at one state: either 2.3 or 2.5.