Halftime?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fooman

Halftime?

Post by Fooman »

Is it possible to code a 5 minute halftime at 15 minutes? Of course it would only be an option for pubs but I think it would greatly enhance league games if the league admins agree. Teams can take this time to change their strategy and make substitutions or even take a piss break. So, is it possible to trigger a pause at a certain time and unpause 5 minutes later?
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

xxx has logged in as an admin

the game has been paused :p

just play shorter games, hehe
Kyllian

Post by Kyllian »

If someone could model and skin various cheerleaders for the halftime show, it would be interesting

Teams that like Juggs the most would get a half-naked Rylisa
for Mercs it could be Saphire in a thong bikini
anubians: Diva in a string bikini(you know those ones that look like they're made out of dental floss)
nightmares: Subversa in some type of leather outfit
gen mo kai: faraleth with large somethings...:confused:
robots: a high end system with out a case
and for the ladies: brock or malcom doing chippendales

Maybe even code a mut to go with it so you can slip $$ into the bikini's of the girls
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Already have this on my list
it will be free configurable
Pause after x minutes, it takes y minutes
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

what I have in mind for the league is:
x=15
y=3
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

good call, I was going to suggest timeouts or something. One of the problems with DB league games is that if your tactics aren't working, there's no pauses in the action to discuss them, so nice one.
Larc

Post by Larc »

yay for good ideas, i was in a match and thought to myself... man i wish there was a halftime, we need to change up what we are doing.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

timouts are a horrible thing!
whenever the enemy's game is flowing you just do an alibi timeout to interrupt them, because a break can ruin their playing...like in football, when you are in the lead 1:0 but you know the others are about to score, so you substitute a player....not because you need the player, just to annoy them :|

discussing tactical things in a halftime is nice, doing it whenever you need it sucks
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

as I said... good call :P
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

i like the idea, as theres nothing worse than thinking "omg i need to piss" when there is still 20 mins to go on a game. Actually, on reflection, there are many things worse, but i wont go into those
Onge

Post by Onge »

I think a three minute half time would be too long...I never need a toliet break (go before a match - you should try it). Like in footy, half-time could just disrupt your momentum. But as half-time will be optional and configurable I see no harm in having it.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

halftime is a good idea...good way for the team to reflect on what they are doing right/wrong
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

including a double tactic change
like "what are they gonna do now, how can we prevent it"
not only "what were we doing wrong"
OhWeia

Post by OhWeia »

3 minutes seem to be long, when everything is going fine, but to calm down and restart, it's perfect I think
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

3 mins sounds perfect to me. Finally, I can teabag Jenn in the middle of a game.