FFS, who is currently developing/managing the complete 2.4 s

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Imaginos

FFS, who is currently developing/managing the complete 2.4 s

Post by Imaginos »

At this point I don't know who is taking care of the source or if it's being cared for at all.
I have invested a lot of time and trouble and I'd like to try and finish what I started with stats output. Especially now that Epic has finally fixed the phantom player logging.

edited..
Last edited by Imaginos on 17-12-2005 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I should think stats logging is the least of DB's worries.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Hell knows where the code repository is at this point, but feel free to pick a problem you want solved and cross over into the section of people that are doers vs talkers.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Hey, I don't mind taking a look at DB's code if David M wants. Not sure how much I'd be able to achieve though, I hear the code is quite nasty.

Problems I'd like fixed:
DB-Cube ceiling height
Ball hitting the lines on DB-Small/Touchdown
No team beacons in spectator freecam mode
The so-called "cheat manager"
Ball bouncing off players that are behind you.

No doubt there are many more. Of course, like yours, David M is well aware of them. I wouldn't say whining about known issues as "doing" too much (bit harsh?).

I'd like to think somone was working on it but I'm not optimistic. It is a shame but what can you do?
Tupac's second cousin Ste

Post by Tupac's second cousin Ste »

The_One wrote:

Problems I'd like fixed:
DB-Cube ceiling height
Ball hitting the lines on DB-Small/Touchdown

these 2 are mapping issues, should take like 5 mins in ued to resolve (then ofcourse releasing them)
The_One

Post by The_One »

o rly
mpratt

Post by mpratt »

Whats is its current status, Imaginos ?
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Hey look, it's mpratt <3
The_One

Post by The_One »

:o
Messy

Post by Messy »

mpratt! <3 long time w/o hearing from you.
Still working on DB? I guess not :(

About doers vs talkers..I like to think us talkers are just there alongside you doers for suggestions and such..you know, because we're not good at anything really.

Cube height sounds like an easy fix, and the cheat manager (fucked up team changing?) is something from a UT2k4 patch right? It should be possible to disable that by default I hope /o\

As for DB being worked on at all, I'm a bit of an optimist..I guess people well get to it in the end /o\
It's just the implementation of the karma ball that will allow me to die happily.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

spast!
The_One

Post by The_One »

The cheat manager is a DB thing AFAIK. It is meant to stop players getting back into defence by reconnecting or switching teams and back. The problem is half the time it won't let you spawn even at the beginning of the match. You have to keep switching between spectating and joining around a dozen times before it decides to let you spawn.

Obviously the first two are map problems. I've told David M about them in the past but have had no feedback from him.
overon

Post by overon »

Imaginos is a doer. He has put work into stats output. Let him finish and give him the help he needs. Anything that coders can do to improve deathball no matter how trivial some talkers say it is, is good for deathball.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Last known working status had Cata in the drivers seat with the full code. There was progress made but discontinued when school/RL took priority (which it should for Cata). There were plans for a CVS to go up somewhere, but that didn't happen. Cata handed off the code to ??? in the x-ball project and that's been the last I heard.

I'm guessing the remaining people of the x-ball project are content to stick with 2.3 and maybe that's why the files were quietly put away somewhere.
The_One

Post by The_One »

The last known status AFAIK was that weisso and croaker were working on it (see here). Whether anything came of that I don't know but as we've heard nothing... One can always hope. :)

p.s. There hasn't been a post in the X-Ball forums since October 8th. Are they still healthy? I see that the X-Ball team had a meeting on the 10th (and 17th as well?) of this month. Seems they want to take it commercial. I'd certainly buy that for a dollar (maybe more ;) ).
Last edited by The_One on 23-12-2005 17:42, edited 1 time in total.