OK, delete the post, flame me, do what you will...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

wharfrat1490

OK, delete the post, flame me, do what you will...

Post by wharfrat1490 »

This f**king game is elitist! Seems to me that if you're going to put up a puzzle in a public place like the internet, the playing field should be level for all comers. What's this crap with having to look through the source code? I thought this was a challenge of the mind not some code deciphering contest for geeks. You really should put a disclaimer somewhere that pre-existing knowledge of programming/web design is required. I resent the insinuation that I'm somehow not smart just because I did something in college other than sit in my room and stare at a monitor all day. I'm relieved, however. 1 ½ hrs and 7 levels and it's already one of the biggest wastes of my time. I'm happy to quit.

Not all intelligent people are geeks
Not all geeks are intelligent
Most geeks aren't intelligent at all, they just know some tricks
Dogs can memorize tricks :L
supamom

Post by supamom »

Hmm, interesting! Well, i'm not a geek, never sat in front of a pc until i started work at 18, and never surfed the net until 2 years ago at the age of 37, and guess what......................i managed to get to the end! All with a little help from my friends here of course, but it is possible for EVERYONE not just computer geeks! It seems to be you just can't hack using that brain of yours to figure out new stuff, but that is just my opinion just as the comments above are yours!
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

you makez it with teh sux wharfrat1490 :D \o/
eddy_aus

Post by eddy_aus »

I'm a Psych major and I'm quite useless when it comes to computers.
Apart from surfing the net, the only real reason I use a computer is for writing papers.

Naturally, the first level that involved source code had me stumped.
But that didn't mean I had to give up.
Nor did it mean I had to make a thread and cry about it.
I just persisted and started clicking my right mouse button all over the place until I noticed the "View Souce" tab when I did.

This was seriously the first time I'd even heard of source code.
Hell, this game was the first place I'd had a reason to use morse code, ASCII code, an audio editing program, etc.
But I looked for clues where I could including the source and finally got it.

You don't have to be a computer nerd to through the levels.
Just gotta be a quick learner and more importantly, willing to learn.

Frankly, dumping on a game because it's challenged your perception of your "intelligence" is pathetic.
But if your way of dealing is to be in denial about it and project your emotions onto the game or to the computer nerds out there, then so be it.
God forbid you admit that it's too hard for you.
No, you're right. It's the game's fault for having computer related content.
Orio

Post by Orio »

lol
i dont understand these ppl.
if notpron was such i waste of time for him, why he's wasting he's time writting this thread... :confused:

Orio.
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

:lol:

You just don't seem to be patient enough for this. Notpron makes you learn some stuff, but you have to let it. Otherwise it won't work.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

i isn't even college edumacated.. and i was able to solve it.
:eek:

And to eddy_aus... well said! \o/
Last edited by frkyjenn on 30-09-2005 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

And by the way.. I guess you missed this part:

"The hardest riddle available on the internet"

and this:

*Don't give up too early, it's damn hard
*It's NOT a point a click thing
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

ok i guess the guy must have commited suicide by now :D
Eka

Post by Eka »

I have nearly completed the game, and until I started I didn't have a clue what a source code was, which is the magic of the game. True players of the game have to venture on undaunted, picking up new computer skills as I have, and without giving in to cheating, or being a prat and being the 10000th odd person to come here and call us geeks. I wouldn't join your CS game and call you an uncultered moron, please don't come here act in the manner you have.

Thank you, I think I've made my point clear.
ImpossibleProvider

Post by ImpossibleProvider »

It's funny. He's all pissed off about source code and not understanding it and calling us all geeks, and all the people that have responded didn't know what source code was before they started playing this game.

Kind of makes the point all by its self, doesn't it?

EDIT: And! : Nobody's flamed him. ;)
Last edited by ImpossibleProvider on 30-09-2005 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Orio

Post by Orio »

well some ppl just cant see the good things and quit too fast.

Orio.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

ImpossibleProvider wrote: It's funny. He's all pissed off about source code and not understanding it and calling us all geeks, and all the people that have responded didn't know what source code was before they started playing this game.

Kind of makes the point all by its self, doesn't it?

EDIT: And! : Nobody's flamed him. ;)

He must know a little about html codes. He has a webpage..

;)
vengyr

Post by vengyr »

thats most likely. dreamweaver or other drag and drop program based. and no you dont even need to know html to do this. just know how to check the source posted on the forum and read some text that looks like a hint. everybody can do that
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

The game is designed in a way, that everybody who actually wants to, can make it. It's not made for geeks. It's for geeks as well, but it's also a tutorial for non-geeks. It's basically for all (who know how to move a mouse and how to turn on a computer).
Well, he turned agressive there for a moment, he'll calm down. Don't worry :)