volley only killing n00bs?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

volley only killing n00bs?

Post by theberkin8or »

i am wondering, i know in NA pretty much all the public servers are sc, is this killing db's chance at any new players? i mean if i was a n00b coming in and saw this spam fest i would probably have just took db off my computer. vo only is fun but how much of it can you play? it was fun for the first week or so of playing it straight but now it is just annoying cuz ppl don't have any other options
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

what? I haven't noticed this at all. Most servers have sc in the rotation, and tend to play volley only on the map only. Except of course on volley sunday on the RusH server.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i don't know hoju but every time i go to play in a pub the only servers with ppl in them are sc, or so it seems. maybe just have bad timing and am geting unlucky. though a lot of ppl on ufo seemed to share the same feeling as me.
night

Post by night »

im sick of volley only.
its a damn disease.

even real matches turn into volley spam cuz that all ppl do when not in real matches.
and now we have dodgeball O_o. which so far isnt all that great. just more spam, only this time perfect for CS jack rabbits.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

VO makes it with teh sux.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

night wrote: im sick of volley only.
its a damn disease.

Perfectly said.

Every time i go into a pub, its on smallcube.

Even on a mapvote map, for some reason people vote for SmallCube..wtf!?
Karny

Post by Karny »

I agree that smallcube is over played but I enjoy VO. Normal is good to but I have no objections to Vo. It makes it a little harder for the shotter and easier for the goalie.
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

VO = Ghey :/

I tried to bring my friend in and teach him a bit of DB, So we get voted "Volley only!1!1!! NOOBOE2""!" so he ends up keeper, and ofcourse vollley only = No defence, and he isnt exactly amazing DB player as I just went to play and teach him stuff, he ended up in goal the whole time of 2 rounds of smallcube [Mapvote = Great :| ], lots of goals scored againsts him (no def) and lots of abuse.

Hurrah!
Onge

Post by Onge »

I've only started enjoying VO recently, but the big problem is those playing on 56K modems...Volleying is really hard and I found I ended up catching the ball when I wanted to volley it...VO not only puts n00bs at a disadvantage, but those with high pings...
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

You can ask when u log in to a server, and if it's v/o u go and find another server :\
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

bl44t the point is that a lot of times there aren't other servers
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

this is true... i like volley only, its fun for me cause i'm pretty good at it but in 5v5 servers VO is just brutal for the losing team cause 70% of the time the teams arnt fair and its no fun. I remember when we had the NS VO tournament we were all sort of getting used to v/o so we would come up with new moves and tricks and it was fun. now it just annoyingly redundant. Theres practically no varienty in VO anymore. Every1 tries walley-vollies and when theres players skilled enough to use other moves they're just drowned by the excessive ammount of noobness in these games. Honestly, all the server admins one day should get together and agree to only put smallcube on their servers for a few days a week or something. Comming from a volley whore like myself, this is getting rediculous.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

leefy has friends o_O

on topic: i always try to convince the people on the server to stop the v/o and play normal :)
it only works sometimes though, stupid noobs ;[
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

fakkin ell..

"we" dont want sprint
"we" dont want bugs
"we" dont want P'box campers
"we" dont want n00bcannon
"we" dont want this
"we" dont want that

FFS! IT'S GETTING REALLY ANNOYING! Yes, i dont want bugs, i dont want sprint (tho some people do) and yes i dont want the noob cannon...

but ffs dudes... every week there is a new thread about taking something out of DB, and every 2 weeks its a stupid thread about taking some tactic out!

Dudes... stop tryin to strip DB down to running and shooting.

Volley is needed, it adds a bit more skill.

Volley only (i think) will be an option to anyone wen it's added

Dodgeball is an optional mod, play it or dont..

Volley Only servers (like Rush) Are doing it for people who actually like it

If it says "volley only" in the server name, and a n00b joins tbh he's asking for it.

People might wanna vote small cube, but nearly every game i played smallcube it wasnt volley spam...

Volley Only is decided by people cos about 4 ppl on Cube.. now 2v2 on Cube is the lamest thing next to 5v5 on legofan

So dudes, come on.. u cant seriously think volleying sucks.. VOlley only doesnt suck either, if you dont like it no1 forces u to play...if you do think volleying sucks... then you're turning into one of the bitchiest gameing comuties i have ever known.. AND I PLAYED CS *feels dirty*

oh, and b4 everyone goes "But Jr's an international striker, he's bound to be boning vollehs cos its the only way he scores his mass goal tally".. .. or maybe ur saying "stFu jR n00b!1!!1! Vollehing su><ors and so do you, you are teh ghey! U n33d volleh to sc0r3!!11!" ..before u all say that, i suck at volleying.. ask *anyone* ..i scored about 7 volley goals in about 6 months ;\

--Jr (you're burning friend)
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

even i scored more o_O