My Problems with American Cup

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

TFO_ThePimpImp

My Problems with American Cup

Post by TFO_ThePimpImp »

I haven't played much attention to the european cup, because div 1 is more interesting to me right now.

For the American cup there is 20 teams participating.
As it is right now there are 8 byes and 6 matches for round 1.
This would leave 14 teams in round 2, which means more byes must be given out, either 2 in round 2 or 1 in round 3.

This means there is the possibility of a team who got a bye in the first round to get a second round bye also (which is absolute shit).

In order to fix this you need to get to a power of 2 by adding byes. Since there is 20 teams you must add 12 byes to get 32 teams. This would mean only 4 first round matches, and 12 teams with byes in round 1. But in round 2, 16 teams would be left (which is a power of 2) and normal single elim rules can be used with no more byes.

If this can't be changed I just want it to be made a rule that a team who previously had a bye, can not get one of the later round byes or else this is hooribly unfair to teams that had never get a bye, because a team is given two victories for just getting lucky. One bye for a team is okay because it is nessecary but more than one is ludacris.

Another solution to the problem would be to pair up the remaining teams and only give out the nessecary byes in round 2 to get to the power of 2. This is not as good of a solution as giving out first round byes, but it is second best.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

What's a bye? :|
TFO_ThePimpImp

Post by TFO_ThePimpImp »

Rens2Sea wrote: What's a bye? :|

When you do not have an opponent and automatically advance to the next round.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

I never understood what the cup was for. And 2nd round byes are ridiculous. It should have been like your suggestion, 4 play-in matches to make 16 then no problems after that.
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

The 4 play-in should of been the 4 teams with the worst records, so they would be fighting for a position to win the cup.
Like I said before, I'm sure no American team would disagree with redoing the cup in order to get it better working.
TFO_ThePimpImp

Post by TFO_ThePimpImp »

it shouldn't be the worst teams the idea of the cup was always random seedings, which is the onyl way it works with multiple leagues
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Another flame to why we listen to DavidM and Bazzi. Most or all of the players/clans hate the format of the cup. I was shocked when some weaker teams got byes, while other stronger teams had to play each other to advance to the next round. Thinking that the brackets were set, in the 2nd round it will be random as well. Before the cup truly starts, I believe that the seeding should change, and the brackets become more fixed so we know who we playing in the coming future, not just guessing which team will be paired up with another clan.

DavidM and Bazzi, read the other thread, the one about db america league format, many think it should be changed. I don't care for the soccer format you have laid out for us. Deathball League is suppose to be competitive, giving everyone a chance for glory.

Ill speak more about this in the other thread.

Fallen aka Bullet
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »