A Music thread

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

jooly

Post by jooly »

Could someone pm and let me know what the beatles have to do with anything?
jooly

Post by jooly »

Nope? Didn't think they did.

Just pre-ordered the new SOAD album, shall look forward to that coming in the post!
Last edited by jooly on 13-05-2005 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

Oh jooly, did no-one explained? well, it's just a coincidence after the fact, when you know the answer... :D
jooly

Post by jooly »

Could you PM?
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

I can but what for? it's just a joke (sorta...).
If you really want, I'll do.
jooly

Post by jooly »

Please! I need to know!
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

PM sent.
Maniak

Hmm...

Post by Maniak »

I don't really like rock, but I just love techno. Huge fan of it.

Also, I just adore Trash 80. Best music ever. And, it's free! :D
dogsonacid

Post by dogsonacid »

there is WAY too much music that I like to list, my favorites would have to be metal, jazz, drum n bass, and classical

to list what comes off the top of my head: everything Mike Patton has done, especiall y with Dillenger Escape Plan, Pantera, Slayer, Dieselboy, Dara, Sinatra, Down, Shadows Fall, Primus, Trace Stakka & Skynet , Clutch, Fishbone, Buckethead, SOAD, Outkast, this list could go on forever so I wil stop there
jooly

Post by jooly »

Grr, was so excited that the new Perfect Circle album was coming out - it came in the post yesterday and I immediately stuck it in the hi fi at work. It's crap! The only song in which you get a real taste of Maynard's gorgeous vocals is essentially a remix from the previous album, and most of the rest is just bad cover versions! Grrr!!
Redline_Angel

Post by Redline_Angel »

the best bands EVER: Discordance Axis, Opeth, Heather Nova, Katatonia, Circle Takes The Square, Aphex Twin, Gridlink, Emperor...

I'm a death/black/grind kid, i suppose. \m/>_<\m/
DeadSkinMask

Post by DeadSkinMask »

anyone like meshuggah, i just got catch thirtythr33, the riff on track 12 literally breaks down your atoms and then burns them or something epic like that
DeadSkinMask

Post by DeadSkinMask »

oh and who here likes crazy sweedish death metal?, or slayer> (my name should suggest i'm a fan)
sindar

Post by sindar »

I guess I'll throw my two cents in here. I'll avoid listing too many bands but here are some broad categories with what I like best.

Electronica: Paul Oakenfold, Aphex Twin, DJ Shadow, Mickey Finn, DJ Tiesto, Everything but the Girl, etc...

Classic Rock: Led Zep, Floyd (for the lack of a better place to put them), Neil Young (CSNY), Tom Petty, The Who, etc...

Punk/Ska: BAD RELIGION!, NOFX, Furnace Face, Pennywise, Mustard Plug, Planet smashers, etc

Other older stuff: Rage against the machine, AIC, Offspring, Gravity Kills, Beastie Boys, Rush, Pearl Jam, deftones etc

Other newer stuff: Linkin Park, Perfect Circle, Coldplay, Audioslave, outkast, some rnb/rap stuff...

EDIT: I guess I did list quite a few bands... sorry!
Redline_Angel

Post by Redline_Angel »

"anyone like meshuggah, i just got catch thirtythr33, the riff on track 12 literally breaks down your atoms and then burns them or something epic like that"

Tomas Haake is GOD. He didn't play on catch-33 though -_-

i love the swedish scene, At The Gates, Opeth... Tons of great bands.

Any other musicians here? I'm a drummer... Maybe we could start a NotPron collaboration project ^_^