[ Public DB "Event" 20:00 CET on Sundays ]

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Ker]v[et

[ Public DB "Event" 20:00 CET on Sundays ]

Post by Ker]v[et »

Hello ballers \o/

Humbleone and me decided to make a little public event, for the start on every sunday, only on the GUIDE and 18+ Server!

When? From 20:00 CET on, Sunday's!

What will it be? :eek:

The Servers will be set without a password, replays on, goalden goal, players must be ready(!) and of curse no vo

We will wait for minimal 7 players (an one of us playing) up to a full 10 player field befor starting. Befor the start we will also try to make teams fair as far we can do that.

Also, if its only 8 players on the field, we will prefer switching to maps -like - November or Echo. Bowl, Cube for a 10 player game.

Why is that so different from normal public games? :eek:

A problem ( i think) with our public games is (cause the public players arent that much) that some players join at that, and some of that time so its rarely a 5on5. And if... then way to small spamy maps. Also cause Servers got only 2 "good" big maps which you cant vote after they are both were played (yes i mean gko° Server) before, or the server crahs.
(that happens a lot! F.example: 6to8 players playing a small map.. players decide to vote a biggermap (cause more ppl joining) -> server crahes -> smalcube again -> map not votable again. Also ppl leaving after crash.)

So in short, we now have a Sunday where players who like playing public can enjoin the fun of 4on4 or 5on5 games even more, cause (i hope so) every1 will join and we can get one or two full Servers all night long. (ofcurse not Cube only)

Be there! :D

!new players are welcome to be there!

--------------------

replying (here) with "public sux" or so = ban ;)

EDIT: Start is on the 18+ Server! -if- that one's full, join the GUIDE one :)
Last edited by Ker]v[et on 17-04-2005 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

I'll see ya there.
BluBBy

Post by BluBBy »

same, nice idea :)
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Yeh nice, maybe influence people to come to #dbpickup, make use of the public players :)
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

Why is that so different from normal public games?

it is just organising people to play then... will be no different; just will have control.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Theres always one scrooge, gtfo Shev

great idea \o/ Kerm and H1
Onge

Post by Onge »

Everything sounds good (except for replays on :p)
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

well ... i shoulda listen 2 Onge.. as far as i know replays fuck'd up the mapvotings after every map and we got a lot (!) servercrahs /o\

replays off next time!

Well its about 1 1/2 hour ago when the pubgames startet and most ppl are gone already. I think most are cause the crashing thingy.... uhm!

What went good?

we played 4on4's 5on5 and even 6on6 Matches on 2 Servers (most time one server got of course more player then the other) Teams were almost fair i think, if i look at the results and ppl had fun.

But..?

Severs crashed to often! (m8 a reason noone had fun to play more) Still needs more players.. ;)

Not sure yet if we will repeat that (better) next sunady.. stay tuned

well here some impressions:

BluBBy

Post by BluBBy »

yes i had much fun during this "event"^^ very nice from you to organise and post some stuff about it.

I guess with some organisation public deathball is much funnier than the one we used to play before, bit like a mix between publics and pickups games.
Wonder how we could have such stuff online ^^
XiD

Post by XiD »

Sounds like a great idea. maybe the na guys should do the same thing sometime! *hint hint*
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Yes the crashing even put me off in the end X_x other than that it was fun \o/
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Great great great idea!
But I cant be there, as you may have discovered, i havnt been on mirc for ages, bcos my computer fucks :(
Maybe I will be there tonight but i can't promiss anything.
Kermet and Humble <3
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

public sucks a big tasty juicy nipple with chocolate all over it (male or female you choose your favourite <3 )
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Wow are you from Japan :O
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Beefsack is from heaven, you idiot