Hall of Shame (don't cheat, or you'll be in there)

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Evolutionsfehler

Post by Evolutionsfehler »

hm... didn't know it was unclear that I really tried to solve them ;-) ...

Why I didn't ask for hints? hm... well, for me personally, there's nearly no difference between begging for hints and searching for a walkthrough... plus, I'm too impatient... plus, I'm too shy and asocial ;-P
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

If you don't understand the difference between a hint and a spoiler - then you definately didn't ask here for hints.
Evolutionsfehler

Post by Evolutionsfehler »

it's not really possible to not look at the hints in this forum. One alone isn't a spoiler, many hints together are, I think. Well, it's in my brains like that, it's not logical, I know ;-)
i

Post by i »

if you are halfways far in the game (say, about level 50), you will note that by reading the forums you will seldomly get a full spoiler, unless you mean cheater forums of course.

and it is well possible not to look at the hints. sometimes it's even the better way because hints can also confuse.
snackbar

Post by snackbar »

true tue. if he got to -33 he'd notice there are zero hints.
RBX

Post by RBX »

I don't understand these "instructions" for the hall of shame -> I've got no idea how you recognized these players as cheaters

e.g. I want to know what the keyword does mean

could s.o. please explain it to me ::Pfffff::
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

There once was a hall of fame (not anymore).
And people wanted to get into it.
To do that, you had to email DavidM.

Cheaters looked up an answer from somewhere and emailed DavidM with weird stories on how they found the solution :D
These stories revealed that they didn't solve this level by themselves ;)
Sally2

Post by Sally2 »

I got all the way to level 21 before. Then my husband deployed and I had too much on my plate. Recently I found my sheet on the answers to 1-20. All of them worked. I just didn't have my last page saved and I'm anal rententive like that to write down the answers as I get them. Anywho they all worked but should I assume that I am going in the wrong direction now. Or do you think the answers were the same. Dumb q I know.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

you would have noticed already if some answers changed :)
goelanroti

Post by goelanroti »

At Davidm : Can you send me the certificate, because I have the answer : gofindurselfsecretturbentineiloveyouriddlesendnorpton.htm
and you rock !
Héhé^^
nohackers

Re: Hall of Shame (don't cheat, or you'll be in there)

Post by nohackers »

i put in secret,and it didn't work anymore.
gamemastertips
Certified Finisher

Post by gamemastertips »

Hehe I forgot about this gem...
Did you really set up "trap" pages that would somehow log people's IP as I've heard? Or is it simply a question of seeing messages from blatantly obvious liars?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Yup. There are lots of fake pages that log and automatically ban your ip. I've submitted those fake answers to walkthrough sites. So you can only get on the fake pages via walkthroughs.

And most important: You won't be told that you're on a fake page and that you have been banned. Whenever you are being told, that your ip has been logged, nothing happened at all.
Nobody has ever gotten to a fake page by accident.
gamemastertips
Certified Finisher

Post by gamemastertips »

Very clever...I suppose that still leaves it open to people who would give away the solution process rather than just the answers but at least it narrows it down. Your most ingenius move was to include level Nu--un-cheatable. :J
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Had to... the game would be nothing, if everybody could view the end via a google search.

Btw some of the fake-levels even have fake-solution-explanations. So the password would even sound kinda reasonable to a cheater ;)