Hall of Shame (don't cheat, or you'll be in there)

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Funk E. Gamez

Post by Funk E. Gamez »

I'll admit I tried cheating... but the answer I found didn't work anyway. :P And now that I know there's cheat trackers I don't think I'll try again.

But um... I'm not sure what all is considered cheating. Obviously finding answers on some site is... But anything else?
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Don't use walkthroughs. Don't look for them. Don't use them if you accidentally find them. Don't ask for solutions, only for hints.

That easy :)
sandbagger

Post by sandbagger »

how do you know if someone cheats??
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

We have our means :)
More important, this person will find out that cheating doesn't help ;)
Evolutionsfehler

Post by Evolutionsfehler »

I see no point in not cheating, if I'm honest. Breaking your brains with riddles that are way not that intelligent as their author wants them to be / look like - just to be accepted by a fanclub that creates an illusion of themselves being a special intellectual elite?

Well... No! :-)
Last edited by Evolutionsfehler on 24-06-2006 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

ok, Huh?

How can you cheat and be honest at the same time?
snackbar

Post by snackbar »

but if the riddles aren't that intelligent as you say, then why would anyone need to cheat in the first place...it should be fairly easy, right?
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

If you don't want to use your brain on the riddle - then I see no point in you doing the riddle, actually.
snackbar

Post by snackbar »

i agree

and why would one need to "break thier brains" if the riddle was not intelligent?
doesnt the fact that they have to break thier brains indicate that the puzzle is indeed intelligent?
Evolutionsfehler

Is looking up the right solution dishonesty? I don't think so. It would be dishonest to say "I really really did it all by myself" ;-)

And is looking up the right solution contrary to using your own brain to try on your own at first? I don't think so either. It would be if you didn't try at all. So what's the point?

@snackbar: Everyone's able to make up some unsolvable, nearly unsolvable and "complicated" riddles by just stuffing some ideas together. The really intelligent part on Notpron is the style, I think, and I must say that most of it really is put together in a really stylish way (although it gets more and more "unstylish" to the end)
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

The more he (she?) speaks the more unintelligent he (she?) looks.

:)
Evolutionsfehler

he :-) well, agree, disagree or don't say something at all - insulting surely can make you feel better, but it's like nothing said at all...
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Actually, it is like that. Stopping on half of the way is ... well, you wouldn't even have needed to start it.
Evolutionsfehler

Well, I think stopping on half of the way realizing that going the whole way doesn't make you feel better, is an option of my brain I'm really thankful to have. :-) Effizienz und so...

You may think I cheated all the game - it was only 6 or 7 levels or so. I admit, I regret 2 of them... the rest, i don't...

so I'm in the hall of shame now... hm... cool :-))
i

Post by i »

why do you want to play if you intend to cheat? this is not an adventure game with l33t graphics so you just want to pass a level in order to see something; the levels are absolutely boring if you don't solve them on your own. what i halfways understand is why people cheat when they are really stuck (though it is nowhere like right - believe me, i did it one time - level 12 - over a year ago when i was a real n00b and it didn't quite make me feel good).

edit: ok, your last post shows that you are apparently one of the latter. still, why not use hints or ask people for *help*? i know, this can sometimes spoil a level (i remember keeping asking people for help on lambda until i had so many hints that they combined to the whole solution - but lambda is an exception in this category, i don't feel bad for not solving it honestly), but in most cases you will still have the fun of thinking and coming to a conclusion.
Last edited by i on 24-06-2006 21:15, edited 1 time in total.