Deathball Trading cards..

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

yuppicide

Deathball Trading cards..

Post by yuppicide »

I am starting a site with a set of Deathball trading cards.. I'd love to get a bunch of teams to show support.. I'd like to have a set of 250 to 500 cards. I currently have a lot of people with interest, and atleast one or two teams signed on for me to take pics. :)

Cards will feature your name, team name, position/backup position if any, your jersey number, your teams website, and an action shot of you playing! If you use a custom skin I'd like to use it so I can get an accurate shot of you in game.

Here's a sample of the card.. keep in mind I put this together in only a few seconds.. so the fonts aren't what the final product will look like: http://www.fiend4life.com/yuppicide/cards/cardemo.jpg

I'll also be making some special cards.. just like a set of baseball or hockey cards would have special cards.. one card will be one "humping" and have an animation of a player humping.

If future Deathball 1.7 comes with stats my friend says he'll import the cards into flash and you'll be able to flip the cards over and see the person's stats! Of course after a league has finished.

I'd also maybe like to get up a vote going and get a "player of the year" card and some other special cards..

You can message me here, I'm also on SOP's forum, DBCenter, or my email: rabiddoc@optonline.net
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

lame...
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

What about those of us not in a clan?
Don't mappers count either? :mad:

Sounds a waste of time & effort to me... :confused:
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

pssshh...surge you hoser. Kind of a neat idea, dunno if it will be as big as you imagine it and to that scale, but anyways...

Name: [RusH]Hoju

Position: Forward

Number: 6

Team name: RusH

Here's a screenshot you can use: http://www.dbcenter.org/modules/mediaGa ... ts/Doh.jpg
The radar and my nick are kind of in the way, but you could prolly photoshop those out. If not, I'll get another.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i'm affraid nobody will care

and if you do it you need RL pics of teh ppl
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

First, they don't have baseball cards that show the designers of the cards or the people who work at the stadiums. Just the players.

Second, I don't want real pics of people. A lot of people like the internet because of it's anonaminity (however you spell it).

Third, nice Hoju.. should get clean shots of all the RusH members and their info. :) You'd be the third clan to sign on my project.
FlawLezZ

Post by FlawLezZ »

pokemon wannabee
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

yuppicide wrote: First, they don't have baseball cards that show the designers of the cards or the people who work at the stadiums. Just the players.

And were exactly did you say they are based on Baseball cards? :rolleyes:
The old Racing Cars (F1, Indy, etc) used to have individual drivers with car specs, team cards, location cards, and god knows what else! :mad:
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

I think it's kinda a neat idea, and the fact he is willing to put his time into it and it is his time for most part, what does it hurt. U going to use that bones skin Yupp.lol Let u know what our team decides we are going through an undecided moment about the future right now bare with me.
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

Amen. Yeah, for my card I'll use the skin I normally use and that's bones for lack of a better one. If they had a Beavis skin I'd use it!! Or maybe a nekkid lady. :) Sorry to hear about your team.. good luck. Wherever you go I'm sure you'll get accepted.

Hey if anything my Deathball cards are only increasing exposure to the sport.
TFO_MrRage2U wrote: I think it's kinda a neat idea, and the fact he is willing to put his time into it and it is his time for most part, what does it hurt. U going to use that bones skin Yupp.lol Let u know what our team decides we are going through an undecided moment about the future right now bare with me.
SpikeBall

Post by SpikeBall »

Very nice idea, but I think its too big for you, or u have a team to help? Anyway GL, man.
[D@MN]HERETIC

Post by [D@MN]HERETIC »

funny idea

make the cy.13 cards pink :p
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

:lol:
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

[D@MN]HERETIC wrote: funny idea

make the cy.13 cards pink :p

heh:ban: not a good thing to say with dvaid about :D
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

Yupp if your still going ahead with this, the future of TFO staying together is starting to look a lot better now. Still interested in this. I talked to PimpImp last night and he thought it was a neat idea also, give me a few weeks and we'll try to arrange something ok. Thanks for putting your time into this. Will each of us be keeping our own card, i would think so, but then will there be a post or site where all the cards will be so everyone can take a look?