Score limit

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

CorDawg
Banned

Score limit

Post by CorDawg »

They should make div 3 (America) or even all the div's for that matter have a score limit on them, that will prevent wins like 43-0 in V3 vs ES game. With the score limit, n00bish teams may not be wanted to quit because of losing games to good teams.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i'v always said there should be a score limit of 5 with win by 2 and no timelimit... i hate tie bullshit
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

scorelimit makes games last 5 minutes... what a fun... :/
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

whats the fun in a blowout?
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

I'm Thinking more along the lines of a 15-20 score limit, prevents the blowouts but many games dont go that high
Fleury14

Post by Fleury14 »

15-20 sounds okay, but the winning team would have to be up by a significant margin.
ßig ßaby

Post by ßig ßaby »

dunno if a score limit makes a sense cause top teams need many goals. a score limit will prevent that a top team cannot reach a high goal difference and many teams have similar goal differences.
i don´t think it would be fair.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

scorelimit in the league is the worst idea i heard of in a long time
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

DavidM wrote: scorelimit in the league is the worst idea i heard of in a long time

Yup. Could you imagine the NFL stopping all of the Bengals games cause they are that bad?
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

The DBL teams are not professionals. They do not get paid money each week for training and playing in DBL matches. I think you will find this is contrary to the contract of Bengals' players.

You are merely a bunch of people, mainly teenagers, who enjoy this mod in a more competitive atmosphere than public server games.

The standard range in the DBL is huge. It does not take 30 minutes of pounding a relatively weak team into oblivian to show which team in a match is performing better on the day. All this will achieve is a steady dwindling of the number of teams who wish to take part.

Very few matches between the top teams in the American and European leagues have resulted in 10 goals by one team, we even had the first 0-0 draw this week.

Between two mid-standard teams, a 10 goal limit would probably be reached somewhere around the 20 minute mark.

If you put TEZC-D against a 3rd division European side, I would be surprised if the weaker side would manage a better scoreline than a 10-0 loss, but at least the losing side would appreciate the strength of TEZC-D and go away from the match striving to improve their standard (rather than wondering if they should bother playing as a group any more).
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"The DBL teams are not professionals. They do not get paid money each week for training and playing in DBL matches. I think you will find this is contrary to the contract of Bengals' players. "

we are not paid for playing DB...
so the only conclusion that makes sense: add score limit
yes dude
i remember your ideas to balance DB ;)
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

Also, now the qualification leagues have finished, most teams are in with others of their standard. Games aren't going to finish 21-2 any more.
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

DavidM wrote: "
so the only conclusion that makes sense: add score limit
Maybe I should have added: You are merely a bunch of players, mainly teeenagers, that behave like 5 year olds ;)
Last edited by NitrousOxide on 29-03-2003 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

NitrousOxide wrote: Very few matches between the top teams in the American and European leagues have resulted in 10 goals by one team, we even had the first 0-0 draw this week.
Looking at the scoreboard i see 10-2, 10-5, 15-0, 18-1, 43-0. Then the one game where neither team got double digits, the RusH Red NS game, 0-0. Very few indeed.
Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Not to say I support it, I think that it has its problems, but Surge's Idea of 5 points and then win by 2 is very interesting. It would make placing by goal difference extremely legit, and would help restrain teams getting major points for a route where they are unstoppable by a particular team. It would make it so a win always adds 2 to your score difference, and no one can move up more than 5 points a game. Goal difference would be competative, and still reflect on the extent of the win. I think its actually a decent possibility... maybe not in this league, but maybe in a small tournament of some sort.

The only problem I see, is if a team gets off to a 4-0 lead, and then the other team gets a 3 point run, and then the 4 point lead team ends up scoring once more. The second team had a chance for the comeback, and in a regualr league game might have come back, but due to such a low score limit, they had no chance.

Its an interesting thought... Again, maybe not for the DBL, but a tournament or something.