Level 72

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

carbo25
Certified Finisher

Re: Level 72

Post by carbo25 »

robloxer wrote: 16-10-2020 18:37 hi guys, just one question: is this level related to dominoes?
Not at all
robloxer

Post by robloxer »

I need help, I *removed but I can't see anything, can someone help me?
Last edited by amh on 17-10-2020 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler removal
amh

Post by amh »

robloxer wrote: 16-10-2020 21:31 I need help, I *removed but I can't see anything, can someone help me?
Please stop asking questions with level details here. PMs only.
Also, you should do a bit more work than an hour, before asking for help!
olant

Post by olant »

Alright, as I do not have a working printer I drew the pattern on paper, and did the handicraft. But it looks like this will not help me because I did not shade the squares. Any hint how to proceed with a pure b/w object?
olant

Post by olant »

olant wrote: 25-10-2020 23:57 Alright, as I do not have a working printer I drew the pattern on paper, and did the handicraft. But it looks like this will not help me because I did not shade the squares. Any hint how to proceed with a pure b/w object?
Once I knew the shape and read the hints again I managed to proceed. :)
amh

Post by amh »

olant wrote: 26-10-2020 21:01
olant wrote: 25-10-2020 23:57 Alright, as I do not have a working printer I drew the pattern on paper, and did the handicraft. But it looks like this will not help me because I did not shade the squares. Any hint how to proceed with a pure b/w object?
Once I knew the shape and read the hints again I managed to proceed. :)
Good to hear, grats :)
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I just registered this account to ask for help here.

I read about this level once in one of the few press articles this game has gotten, I took a break on notpron for a few months after I got here and then when I was back I decided to try this level with a few other people, we managed to make what we think is the object after two hours of trying. (Not sure if I should note this but I accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler page when trying to get to these forums to read the hints and I skimmed the description by accident, giving me the meaning of the colored lines but I stopped reading before I got to the meaning of black lines, so it didn't take so long to get this object.)

I tried reading the number and entering <number>.htm to see if my answer was correct but it didn't work, I then realized that there were probably hundreds of ways of reading this object to enter this number in the url not to mention that I didn't even take into account the hint about different shades which I had no idea how to go into and that from what I've read in this forum, I then have to turn the numbers to letters? This level is way too ambiguous for me to get anything really. I feel really stupid here. Is there anyone here I can pm?
Last edited by throwaway on 20-02-2021 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
amh

Post by amh »

throwaway wrote: 20-02-2021 07:27 I just registered this account to ask for help here.

I read about this level once in one of the few press articles this game has gotten, I took a break on notpron for a few months after I got here and then when I was back I decided to try this level with a few other people, we managed to make what we think is the object after two hours of trying. (Not sure if I should note this but I accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler page when trying to get to these forums to read the hints and I skimmed the description by accident, giving me the meaning of the colored lines but I stopped reading before I got to the meaning of black lines, so it didn't take so long to get this object.)

I tried reading the number and entering <number>.htm to see if my answer was correct but it didn't work, I then realized that there were probably hundreds of ways of reading this object to enter this number in the url not to mention that I didn't even take into account the hint about different shades which I had no idea how to go into and that from what I've read in this forum, I then have to turn the numbers to letters? This level is way too ambiguous for me to get anything really. I feel really stupid here. Is there anyone here I can pm?
You can PM me. It's not abiguous in hindsight :)
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

amh wrote: 20-02-2021 17:27
throwaway wrote: 20-02-2021 07:27 I just registered this account to ask for help here.

You can PM me. It's not abiguous in hindsight :)
I think I'll take a break for now.
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

Alright, after a short break, I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I hope to see those last 10 positive levels :)
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

Do I need to apply hint 2 to the numbers before attempting to get to that egg page confirming I have the right numbers? (I just procrastinated for a few days despite my previous post, but I'm gonna get back on the game in a few hours.)
zemljinaosa

Post by zemljinaosa »

May I pm someone about this one pls?
amh

Post by amh »

zemljinaosa wrote: 03-08-2021 22:55 May I pm someone about this one pls?
Sure
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I feel like buying DavidM's walkthrough just so I can get past this level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
throwaway

</level 72>

Post by throwaway »

I solved the level, but I can't really say much about how much I enjoyed it because I got it through brute force.

I had a hunch on what you might have had to do after finishing the handicraft, which, if it were true, would allow me to brute force the answer. Long story short: I tried some things and it worked. (I even found the old answer while brute forcing it lol)

I feel like this level needs a lot more hints on the webpage though, since if someone hadn't seen/done anything like this in their entire life, and they don't use this forum, the irc or the discord, they'll definitely be stuck on this for a really long time until they either give up and quit, or try cutting and folding out of pure desperation.

I even read in the comments of one of david's videos some guy saying he has been stuck on level 72 for TEN YEARS. That's a lot of time, especially for a level which happens right after one of the easiest levels of the game.