Level 72

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

ingridlee

Re: Level 72

Post by ingridlee »

Hey guys, could anyone help me? I copied the drawing in my hand and tried what I discovered what it was to do with the colored lines. I did not get anything. I would like to know if it is possible to do the puzzle only by the computer or if it is necessary to make the hand.
amh

Post by amh »

Most people will need to leave the computer to solve this level.
smallwanderer

Post by smallwanderer »

I've been working on notpron for nearly 10 years! I give up for a few years at a time and then I come back around. Last time, about 2 years ago, I got stuck on this one! I found my print out of it so I came back. I'm going to beat it! I have a feeling this is going to be one of those very memorable levels.

Still, pretty stuck. I have printed and cut, and I have my tape ready. But I'm not sure what the blue and red lines are telling me. And I don't know what the shades mean. lol. Hopefully I'll get the magic I-posted-and-then-figured-it-out luck :)

UPDATE: I did it! My suggestion to others is to just make several of them and try stuff until you get it. Don't try to imagine what it will be, just get crafty and start doing it!
amanda

Post by amanda »

and THAT was hard! Just don't give up, you'll get it sooner or later.
Think about relaxing stuff, like a landscape...
tichy

Post by tichy »

So I'm at the stage where Notpron gives me a hint. I'm wondering, do I only need those, or now add the others in, in some way? I've tried both ways, including the most obvious way for that second case. That turns up nothing, though... There may be other ways, but of course the combinations of these with all the different cryptograms just explode.
amh

Post by amh »

Keep at it :)
tichy

Post by tichy »

Another way to ask that would be, do I need to try two options for everything due to the detached part? Or if not, is it because there's some logical way to attach it?
amh

Post by amh »

Maybe you should PM me. Not quite sure what you mean.
shinwa

Post by shinwa »

I had to comment on this one... Really loved it! Definitely one of my favorites.

I totally agree with what smallwanderer said. Just print it, cut and then start playing with the red and blue lines. You'll eventually figure out what they mean and after that it's pretty straightforward. Just pay attention to the title of the level!
writergrl15

Post by writergrl15 »

Printed at least ten versions of this level and finally think I’ve made the correct thing...except not a single number is visible. Other than that, though, it’s perfect. It looks completely correct. Can anyone help me make sure I’m on the correct path?
amh

Post by amh »

writergrl15 wrote:Printed at least ten versions of this level and finally think I’ve made the correct thing...except not a single number is visible. Other than that, though, it’s perfect. It looks completely correct. Can anyone help me make sure I’m on the correct path?
Sounds like you need to do something in reverse. You can PM me
jakas osoba

Post by jakas osoba »

just 2 questions:
is the object supposed to be in 3d?
does every number need to be visible?
amh

Post by amh »

jakas osoba wrote:just 2 questions:
is the object supposed to be in 3d?
does every number need to be visible?
Yes to both
jakas osoba

Post by jakas osoba »

thanks, i got the numbers, i just need to know what to do with them...

Edit: solved
LuosRestil

Post by LuosRestil »

tichy wrote:Another way to ask that would be, do I need to try two options for everything due to the detached part? Or if not, is it because there's some logical way to attach it?
I'm having this issue as well. I've done the handicrafts, as suggested in hint 1, and everything looks good, except one piece of this puzzle seems to fit two ways, and I can't be sure whether the orientation matters.

Edit: Just found an easter egg that slightly changes my handicraft, but there are still multiple possible orientations, which would potentially affect the implementation of hints 2 and 3.