Funniest DB Moment...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fuzz

Funniest DB Moment...

Post by Fuzz »

Having played Deathball for quite a few months now, I've seen some funny moments in my time, and some moments id rather forget...here's a few..

1) On a general public server, nobody I knew was on the server at the time (thankfully). A long ball was played, unlike myself, I stood and waited for the ball to drop to me, turned around to realise that there was no-one in the goals, or for that matter, near me atall. I ran to about the edge of the box, powered up, just as I powered up, and this is no joke, my mobile rang right next to me, I held the power to long from the shock, and the gun made that "saflafe536bsoba" noise and the ball flew miles away. :mad: Needless to say, I read about as many "lol's" as anyone will see in their lifetime.

2) This is a stupid one but me being in goals, someone hits an easy shot to catch, and I leap to the left and the ball goes by me into the net, admit it, weve all done it at one point :p

3) I scored an Own Goal in a clan match, :( , the ball was curve-crossed into the box, a great cross, and it beat everyone but me, just by instinct I clicked and shot the ball into the roof of my goal...:rolleyes:

Hmm it will take me some time to think of another few but Im bored shitless so I'll be back no doubt :devil:

:spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer:
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

In DEUS's second DBL match against TEZC on November.

We'd just scored. As TEZC kicked off again, I was double-boosted down the field (so incredibly fast) and managed to intercept their first pass on the way. I was actually paying attention, and as I was still flying I was charging up. I landed just inside the box and immediately scored. About three seconds had gone past. Fuckin' hilarious :)
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

something similar happened to me in a match against NoR, right after the gmae started i got double boosted, picked up the ball with a volley midflight and landed somewhere in there penalty zone :D

and in our match against damn today i was again boosted in the beginning to the ball in the middle. but didn't time the volley pickup right, so the ball flew right into the air, slightly towards their goal. so i just continued running in that direction below the ball. tried to volley it into their net, when it came down near their penalty zone, but one of their defenders was quicker and volleyed the ball on the wall, the other defender there now missed the rebound, and i got my chance to volley but only hit the bar. 3 times bad timing within less than 20 seconds, hurray \o/
Last edited by Goldeneye on 13-03-2003 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

watching someone volley the ball off a wall so that it comes back and hits em in gibball is pretty hilarious :D
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

Funniest moment I saw was when sprint and banana first came out and those idiots don't bother to read what changes were made. Two people were yelling I was cheating until they saw others doing it too lol.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

funnest berk moment, playing under a different name and saying "O NO HE DI'N" once and the whole server thinking i was bags and telling me i was lying when i said i wasn't

also quite amussing to play under a non clan name and see how ppl treate you so differently, some of the clan ppl's need to work on their manners ;)
Last edited by theberkin8or on 13-03-2003 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
night

Post by night »

theberkin8or wrote: funnest berk moment, playing under a different name and saying "O NO HE DI'N" once and the whole server thinking i was bags and telling me i was lying when i said i wasn't

:lol:u know the story behind that?:lol:
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

playing TD only on Deathmonkey's new map, RoofTop][ a few nights ago (at 5 am mind you). A few of all had "KAMAKAZI!!" binded by the 3rd game cause you got fragged at like 30 times per game.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

night wrote: :lol:u know the story behind that?:lol:

i just talked to bags, and he said there was no story behind "oh no he di'n" maybe you were referring to something else
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

i scored with a pass from my own half in a clanwar against TEZC :rolleyes:
moonhead

Post by moonhead »

Listening to one of the gameservers.net radio broadcasts of [123/4] vs [CDM] I think it was. Absolutely hilarious, all respect to Cronus, but he sounded like he'd just woken up or something.
- kept forgetting to what to call the penalty zone, "and the ball is into the ... er,, whats it called again..."
- calling all the 123/4 players as "Clan twelve and three quarters"

LMAO - literally.
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

I think the funniest this was me actually being a good GOALKEEPER in 1.4b. It's true, you know. I was getting good.

I can't be arsed anymore though, maybe one day.
f1end

Post by f1end »

Originally posted by Maegrim
i scored with a pass from my own half in a clanwar against TEZC :rolleyes:

Me 2....except it was cY blue! :lol:

:D

And this 1 time (at band camp), in a pick-up game, i got double boosted from kickoff, caught the ball mid-flight, and actually landed in the goal....SCORE :D
fro

Post by fro »

late one night, in a not too crowded server, imo decided to go for a run around the track of november, soon other people joined and there was about four or five of us running around the track with the ball..

i dont think iv laughed so hard in a game, cheers imo :D

(i won the race :) )
Imo

Post by Imo »

I forgot to take down best lap times. :(