Deathball Defense

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fallen_Bullet

Deathball Defense

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

Hey, what's up? This my first post in a very long time. The mod looks much better than in UT2003, and I watched the trailer and got excited so I tried the mod out.

I have one complaint though, and I know that one person's complaint doesn't go far, however, the defense that I encountered in a pub is very noobish in standards. Now in european servers, I know its all pass to other player so he volley's score most of the time, however, when alone versus one defender and the keep, the defender just has to rush the ball carrier. Out of many tries, I have yet to see my ball go past the defender to the keep. I know that the .2 is not new, there have been many discussions about it, however, there needs to be some tweaking in my honest opinion. Thanks for reading, bye!

****Please no flames, as that bullshit should be behind the community and focussing on how to make the mod a better product.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

if you're saying attackers are having a hard time at 1 vs 1 you're right. If you're saying this needs tweaking I would herebly declare you stupiid.. we are having a hard time as it is and I wouldn't want it to be harder
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

Tweaking doesn't mean make it harder, tweaking can go both ways.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

You shouldn't get a shot on goal against a good defender 1 on 1. Try to juke him or self pass off the back wall or wait for teammates.
Bounty

Post by Bounty »

yeah..what foo said
giber

Post by giber »

The thing is Foo, you don't defend. You just drop back to the goal, hold down right click and bam you got no shot. You shouldn't teach that trash to new peeps. This is far worse than penix ever was imo.
Last edited by giber on 15-06-2004 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
KillerRebel

Post by KillerRebel »

^^^

P.S. i think gib has no <3 for foo
-NS-FreshFruit

Post by -NS-FreshFruit »

keep it up foo...pretty soon im gonna be yer only friend and thats only when I pick u in mixers :P
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

wtf is this bullshit, foo is right. Attackers SHOULDN'T get a chance in a 1 vs 1... its a teamgame, ego goals sux anyway, I may not know fooman or so but he did say the right things, and that he might box defend (watch the word might o/) is totally irrelevant here...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, what all said
its teamplay, hence you shall not have a serious chance against a good defender.

you can try wall laming, but a decent defender wont let you a chance
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

giber wrote: The thing is Foo, you don't defend. You just drop back to the goal, hold down right click and bam you got no shot. You shouldn't teach that trash to new peeps. This is far worse than penix ever was imo.

I havn't done this once unless I am covering for the keep. I get in the shooter's face and hit him or deflect the shot. Nothing wrong with that.
giber

Post by giber »

Bullshit, I watched you do it several times last night. No need to lie just because you play that way.
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

What the hell is wrong with getting in the way and deflecting a shot? O_o
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

there are ways of abusing right click..
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Wibble wrote: What the hell is wrong with getting in the way and deflecting a shot? O_o

they just are used to shoot thru you, let them get used to it