Davidm Can't keep a coder

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

Davidm Can't keep a coder

Post by theberkin8or »

The topic says it all. Davidm seems to be too much of a wanker to keep a full time coder on TV. Davidm you can blame it on cata or who ever you want but you have a reasonably successful mod that should be able to attract a decent coder but that seems to be too hard a task for you.

It seems davidm's interpersonal skills never developed fully, i think this is quite clear from his interaction with the community and clearly the inability to motivate and keep coders and other team members is related(how long were we looking for a modeler/skinner?). I haven't even worked for davidm but i can with a good deal of certainty say i would never want to work for him. But then again maybe it is this lack of interpersonal skillz is what allows davidm to spend so much time on this mod... :rolleyes:

So davidm if you want to publicly embarrass or call out a member of team vortex for delaying the release of the next version of db you might try looking a little closer to home.

btw I would have posted this on OT but since it is clear from your post on the front page of db.net that personal attacks on members of this community are acceptable I see no reason that this isn't perfectly on topic. ban me if you wish.... hell you can write about on the front page too if you want.

Learn how to treat ppl plz.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Don't you think that Cata has gone a little over the line here? It is the 3d time that he dissapointes the community and with that, of course Davidm.
I can imagine him being a little pissed, because he promised the community v1.9b in about 2 weeks, and suddenly his coder quits...for the 3d time.
And about him not treating his team good........dont talk about shit you can't possibly know about.
Last edited by Sixty on 15-02-2004 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

Cata has done more for this community than you could ever dream about. Among many other things, how about a little something called dbpickup?
dont talk about shit you can't possibly know about.
Hypocracy is so ugly...
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Oke, i take that back, just a little pissed that he left again
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

cata was never offically on TV this time... so she didn't owe nothing... she stop coding cuz she was feed up with davidm (I know more than you think)
Last edited by theberkin8or on 15-02-2004 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

^^considering berk and cata are on the same NA team (and me \o/ ) i understand where cata is coming from and don't hold anything against her. cata's done so much for this community and it just so happened that some personal issues got in the way irl, so cata didn't have the kind of time that davidm wanted out of her.
Last edited by Scotteh on 15-02-2004 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
priior

Post by priior »

stop the blame game and find a coder pls.

doesn't matter whose fault it is.. what matters is for the job to be done.

energy is better spent on that than on blaming.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

There was no problem with a single coder (or other team member), except this guy, he does it over and over.
The other coders have school problems which prevent them from working at the moment, and whenever I ask people if they have a problem with me or when I tell em about the Cata problem, they tell me that they have no prob at all. Usaar should be back in about a week, Jero in 2 weeks, and we are about to get another coder. And finally forget the she she she thing, you better call him Michael. Just can't take it any longer how all sympatize with Cata for no reason, you dunno what's actually going on. You pretend to know "more" and still believe in Jessica?
Last edited by DavidM on 15-02-2004 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

uh?
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

asshole
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

So it's ok to promise to do things over and over, let davidm explain everything detailed, then 2 days later "bye im off, no motivation"? You are so wrong, always turning things upside down, like in your old thread where you left for the 2nd time after you promised to do things...
Nevermind, I'm stopping this since it's not my thing to do it in public and it's not going anywhere either.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-I never said you havent done anything for DB, I'm thankful for what you did.
-These "i have more important things to do" excuses simply are out of place here. It's like the "you have no life" thing some people start with at this point.
-You said you would code on DB now, whenever I talked about issues I only got possitive feedback from you, never any moaning or what. I'm one to talk to, but I can't accept when people expect me to read minds with my crystal ball. Tnse did the same. This just has no style.
speedy

Post by speedy »

/me sense flames

/me hands out flame suits
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

real life > video games