1.7b / 1.8 Wishlist

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

there is a question mark cause it makes no sense, i copy pasted the sounds from the old cube, and nobody complained there....its 0% louder, just the powerup sound was lower...
Diab

Post by Diab »

i guess people are just starting to find it is a little loud. i'm fine with it myself but to tone it down like 20% would be good for everyone :D
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

imo there could be a bug with the sounds.

It's certainly louder than old cube was for me. Some ppl say they can hear the charge up fine from other ppl, in my case i only hear it like 5% of the time and even then its very faint :confused:
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Large Potato wrote: imo there could be a bug with the sounds.

It's certainly louder than old cube was for me. Some ppl say they can hear the charge up fine from other ppl, in my case i only hear it like 5% of the time and even then its very faint :confused:

Read David's post on top of this page... :rolleyes:
Onge

Post by Onge »

I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with the crowd noise on Cube. But on normal world detail you don't see a crowd and yet you still hear them...Hmmmmm...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yap engine bug, will be fixed in ut2k4....said mister vogel from epic
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

lower the cube crowd noise
the light shining down is so bright it burns my eyes >_< please tone down that light on the ground and walls and make the grass on the floor less... bright
same for smallcube i guess
everything else is alright apart from powerup sounds and catch sounds
i need to hear a sound that is unique when i catch it, no one else can hear it. only the ball catcher. atm you can still hear the click and zoom sound from anyone that catches the ball... you cant tell when you actually get the ball in a tight situation.
OR... you could make the gun have that glow, like when the keeper glows gold, maybe your gun glows the teamcolour?

just some spam >_<
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

2COOL4-U wrote: Read David's post on top of this page... :rolleyes:

Umm i did :rolleyes:

Davidm said the crowd should be 0% louder yet i definately hear it as louder in 1.7 than i did in 1.6.

Davidm has previously stated that when you catch the ball its a unique sound from when other ppl catch the ball. Yet when i tested it it was the same sound for both me catching the ball & other ppl catching it.

Hence my conclusion that there could be a bug causing ppl to hear the sound differently while playing than davidm & other developers are.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

chick has serious problems with his ears.....there is a unique sound for some weeks now :|
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

Well ok i was just playing a game when lots of us jumped for the ball we all landed.. and i didnt realise i actually caught it.. it would be nice if the sound when we catch it is very different to the sounds we hear when someone else catches it. Also although that button is a sign that we have the ball its not very much maybe we could have another way to check?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you have a friggin ball logo in the middle of your screen popping up :|

you will always know when you have it........you will just not know when you don't have it

should we add an announcer saying "you don't have the ball"
guys, it's going to far :/
RaGe*NL*
Banned

Post by RaGe*NL* »

should we add an announcer saying "you don't have the ball"
guys, it's going to far :/

yeah i like the idea, oO, no but seriously its indeed hard to see, maybe we should make like firecell said a "BEEEEEEEEEEEP or sumthing :/
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Check the to-do list, it has been updated(It's more a done list now ;)): http://2cool.free.fr/deathball_todo.html
NaB

Post by NaB »

DavidM wrote: there is a question mark cause it makes no sense, i copy pasted the sounds from the old cube, and nobody complained there....its 0% louder, just the powerup sound was lower...

cos we never played the old cube

oh, and lots of ppl dont like the bright floor either. but one thing at a time eh? dont wanna overload you..
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

ya because adding special lighting to the floor and using a select all on the sounds would be way too much work...

TBH, aside from the main architecture that makes up the cube, its not anything special. Most custom maps that look like boxes (like cube) generally have better lighting and sound.