Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

[BF]010101|Jeez

Post by [BF]010101|Jeez »

damn
my comment is pointless now =P
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

Can the SOP boys get Surge to rein it in a little? He's giving them a bad name.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

13thdude was doing a good job about that too, eh?
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Remove the boost only if u remove DavidM from db, i dont think my threats will work....

:ban:
frostymoss

Post by frostymoss »

Again i'd really like some feedback about the mutator idea. The american mutator could make it more like 1.4b and 1.3b...

Anyways, DavidM you are making this game into CommunistBall. Everyone is the same, you need to work together to win. (w00t for stupid joke). You are taking out the player individuality. The only thing there is to individuality now is picking a volley or a shot. I am one of the few people in pubs who hardely vollies, and let me tell you how my scoring habbits have gone,

1.3b frontal shot = lethal, there were so many people doing all these fancy frontal shots with all these turns and spins.

side shots if properly shot were pretty good.

vollies are very hard to pull off, but the result in a good volley is most likely a goal.

1.4b frontal shots are less dramatic.
side shots are now the lethal shots. Vollies are some what easier, plus the no "set" jumping.

1.5 frontal shots are pretty much useless unless mastered. Banana shot is great, gives a whole new jist to the game.
Side shots = lethal but dieing.
vollies = semi-lethal

1.6 shooting all together is almost pointless now, along with banana. vollies are insanely easy to pull off and insanely easy to score with. Passing is a lot slower/harder with defenders huge range with their cannons. N00b cannon is the new secondary shot. noone passes but instead tries to solo volley it.

If you mixed the good stuff from 3b, 4b, and 5 youd have a good shooting system. Yet now every single skill i have taken time to master is rendered useless in the newest version. I finally master the dribble-its taken out. I finally master dodgeing with the ball out of the way of defenders, its a lot harder to pull off now because of the crazy range of the hammer.

I have more to say but id like feedback on this first.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

YES! Frosty worded it almost exactly like i was about too really.

Shooting in deahtball has deteriorated without reason, thats more what i'm mad about than anything. Saying "Teams get better every day" does not justify this. 1 defender can take 2 players on easily but 1 shooter can not take on 2 defenders unless you take a long banan shot or n00b cannon it at the net. This is no solo effort in deathball as far as offense is concerned. Most volley goals on NA servers now are body volleys (cause the speed is bugged to hell, one thing that definatly needs attention or removal) or passes/wall setups from 1 player to another to avoid the defender which sometimes doesnt even work cause of the massive hammer radius.

Plain and simple Deahtball has become far to spammy from what it once was. Its lost all concept of singularity offensivly. Cherry pickers dont apply to this rule because they dont have to shoot against a defender. Pbox camping spreads like wildfire. Volley whores are like pennies, way to many and nearly worthless. The game play value and availablity of possible shots has been depeleated over time. Its just not what it used to be and unfortunetally what it was was far more enjoyable.

Its like Winamp 3 compaired to Winamp 2. More people liked Winamp 2. It used less resources, had less cool features and was very simple. Deathball now is like Winamp 3. Full of useless features, rarely played and vertually un-necessary. You'll now notice that Winamp is now remaking its Winamp 2 because no one used winamp 3 and it was actually just recently updated. Gameplay in DB was fine. It didnt need to be changed but it was anyways.
frostymoss

Post by frostymoss »

i agree to an extent...
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

I tell you what I think, and that's that a mutator for different playertypes would be brilliant. Plenty of people have suggested it before, and it'd add new dimensions to the gameplay and encourage serious tactical thinking.
frostymoss

Post by frostymoss »

finally some support ;P.
night

Post by night »

volley as it is should have never been put in this game. ever
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

then neither should shake. volleys beat shake, shooting doesnt.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I want to see the Keeper who always stand in only one corner and has sucess if the attacker is in the middle of the field. But in about 80% of all situations the attackers are on the left or the right side of the field; so why should i stand in the middle of the goal if the offender is on the right? Of course i'm covering the right post in this case.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, i am talking about a situation where the keeper is in the middle
speedy

Post by speedy »

bounce not body volley :)
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Ohh boy, it feels like 1.4a all over again. :|

Keepers should remain as in 1.6, but with volley latency down to 0.53s, period. what rens said: don't fix what doesn't need to be fixed. Ya'll never see a keeper in a clan war dodge from one corner to the other.
if it bothers ya so much, do a public 1.7 and a professional 1.7 for all i care. don't fuck up deathball more :|