Sprint decision, coming to an end...

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

Just wanted to say that I don't mind sprint per se, but I'm sick of the `sprint is for pros' attitude too. Does anyone get paid to play DB? No, so there are no pros, just people playing for FUN. Does sprint make the game more fun? For many people no it doesn't, is their opinion any less valid because they're not percieved as `pros'? Nope, so drop the elitist attiude about it.
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

Errr... why is there a league system then? We could play FunWars until we die -> no fun.
Competition -> fun!
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

I think you've misread my post, there's a league system .. because it's FUN. I wasn't differentiating between types of DB game I was simply objecting to the `sprint is for pros' elitist attitude because a)it sucks and b)there are no pros in DB (pro = getting paid to play).
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

Well, what do you expect from a team that includes mappers who made the 'l337' mappack in the days of UT'99?

DavidM was one of the beginners of this 'lee7' and 'nOOb' rubbish in the Unreal circles...
fro

Post by fro »

wait... your saying davidm invented l33t speak?

its quite clear you dont like him, but why continue to troll the boards?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i remember times when i had to ask people what "1337" means
:rolleyes:
night

Post by night »

fluffykitten wrote: I think you've misread my post, there's a league system .. because it's FUN. I wasn't differentiating between types of DB game I was simply objecting to the `sprint is for pros' elitist attitude because a)it sucks and b)there are no pros in DB (pro = getting paid to play).

pro does not equal getting paid.
use some common sense.
pro means the more hardcore players, the ones on a higher level, ie div 1. but i dont see you calling different divisions elitist.
division 1 should be about pushing the limits of the game. which means more depth, and more possibilites. sprint should be another level or at least an option.

if there is nothing more to get good at or to accomplish then DB will get boring and fade away.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i'm happy playing without sprint right now and i think i always will be. All i want in DB is bug fixes and cosmetics then we can play around with gameplay. Sprint adds no depth to DB, it adds about as much as low-grav which basically makes wide open shots possible, lets you catch really long akward passes, and lets you seperate from opponents. Gee, we should just make Low-grav mandatory in that case.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

night wrote: pro does not equal getting paid.
use some common sense.
pro means the more hardcore players, the ones on a higher level, ie div 1. but i dont see you calling different divisions elitist.
division 1 should be about pushing the limits of the game. which means more depth, and more possibilites. sprint should be another level or at least an option.

if there is nothing more to get good at or to accomplish then DB will get boring and fade away.

that's the way it is....
but the best of the best decided that they wanna play a less deep version 0_o
i find it pretty cheap
but maybe the cup can compensate a little :|
NaB

Post by NaB »

if you value sprint more than without then put more effort into winning the cup. It can be your major aim. For those that dont like sprint, the leauge can be the main target of the season. everyone is happy ;)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

DavidM wrote: that's the way it is....
but the best of the best decided that they wanna play a less deep version 0_o
i find it pretty cheap
but maybe the cup can compensate a little :|

umm ya.. i hate sprint.. lots of folks do, i'm a shallow person, many of us are.. i hate deep gameplay
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

should have two games between anti-sprinters and pro-sprinters (one game w/ sprint, one w/o) :p
night

Post by night »

Surge wrote: umm ya.. i hate sprint.. lots of folks do, i'm a shallow person, many of us are.. i hate deep gameplay

and it took you how long to finally say it ? :p
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i woulda said it sooner, it just never occured to me the answer you've been waiting for would be so simplistic
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Hoju wrote: should have two games between anti-sprinters and pro-sprinters (one game w/ sprint, one w/o) :p

^-- good idea --^

whoever has the better goal differential after the 2 games gets to decide what gets played in the cup. I'm anti-sprint for life but thats only because its completely useless to my playstyle and makes to too easy to defend against my style but i can guarentee if i could save everyone else from having to sprint for the cup (unless they want to) then i'm sure we'd beat you sprinters in both games. Its harder to play w/o sprint after playing with sprint for a while.