My prediction on the effects of 1.9

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Alars

Post by Alars »

NitrousOxide wrote:
...Anyone else think this value could amost be halved and improve the flow of the game?
No.

just find a way around them.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

R3L!K wrote: dont know who suggested removing instagib from the pbox (even if only for the defenders), but to understate it extremely, i'd say thats not a good idea.

secondly, I have been in favour of increasing the effectiveness of shooting for a while now. Only a marginal increase is required. I'd say at the moment a decent keeper should be able to save anything with a travel time of 0.65 sec+ which means that anything fired from just outside the pen area should be below that time given appropriate powering.

if the power is increased so that a full power shot can reach the goal in 0.65 sec from say about 5 paces further back (eg just beyond the keeper dodge-jump range) i think we might see an improvement.

laf, the keeps that play regularly in NA have that down to about .58, if they cant see the hammer, and probably around .5 if they can :/

Shooting a .65 is pointless in our pugs and scrims
Birelli

Post by Birelli »

It sounds like the people who really have a problem with the changes in 1.9 are all Americans, simply because boost-passing has been stopped. I'm an American myself, but I play almost exclusively with the European community, and, frankly, it sounds like I made the right decision. If you're having problems with 5 people lining up in the keeper box it sounds to me like problems go way beyond the game itself, and are simply that the people playing are lame.

In Euro games the primary way to score it seems to me is still players making offensive "runs" by jumping through the air over the penalty box and volleying a pass home. A pbox camping strategy doesn't seem to me to be able to stop this all the time, as it is not really possibly to kill a player jumping through the air 100% of the time, especially when the offense usually has 2 or even 3 players making runs at once. If you don't kill these players and instead turtle then the offense gets volleys over your goal close enough that most players won't be able to react to even with fairly low pings.

On a totally seperate note, there are a bunch of you saying that Europeans never use rmb passes, don't be silly. Primary-fire passes are useful for long ball lobs that are hard to intercept, for opposite wall bounce-passes, and for making rapid passes to people in the air over the opponent's pbox. A majority of passes in Euro play are still secondary fire, just because you don't have to load up, so there's less chance for the defense to anticipate the pass.

I would say though that the game would be a lot more interesting if secondary fire was eliminated. It would make it utterly impossible for new players to get into the game though so I don't think it'd be a good idea.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

People want to win. And if you want to win, you need to stop the other team from scoring. The easiest and most efficient way to do so is to cram the pbox and goal box. I cant blame them for it, i can only blame the fact that there is absolutely no way to get around it anymore.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

a good d will just kill them lets do the math: 3defenders against 3 O. why can't you kill them when they are making "runs"? add a keep into the mix and you have pretty effective d. i have said it b4 and i will say it again volleying SHOULD NOT BE THE ONLY WAY TO SCORE!! you should not see players that are considered good O that can't put the ball into the back of the net on a 1 v 1 with the keeper @ least 1/10 shots. shooting was fun, volley is spam

actually no NA has been doing a whole lot less whoring than EURO it seems becuase as seen by the broomstick move not being whored by any team in NA
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

theberkin8or wrote: actually no NA has been doing a whole lot less whoring than EURO it seems becuase as seen by the broomstick move not being whored by any team in NA

I agree.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

:o ^^^^^ NA plz vote yes in the poll for cata to make the NA verson of db plz plz plz then we dont' have to worry about davidm screwing our community over by changing the game in a way that helps euro but fucks us
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

remove defenders gibbing in pbox kthxbai
Alars

Post by Alars »

bah ive got no feedback on my idea...