1.8 Deflection/bounce - Yes or No?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Do you like the 1.8 implementation of deflection/bounce?

Yes
26%
No
62%
I don't know
12%

Total votes: 92

Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Definate yes - just toned down a little perhaps.

I've I jump in front of a shooter - my intention is to block the shot, or at least send it away from goals. Deflection does this properly.

Also if you happen to pass / shoot with some n00b standing in your way - it shouldn't 'go through them' or give them a catch - it will bounce away randomly and you'll curse yourself for not being better at the pass....
hence you improve your passing skills.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Surge wrote: Cant we just go back to the old, simple system of a weak volley on a non-friendly ball and leave it at that? It worked fine through version .9 to 1.3b.

0.9 had volley? :rolleyes:
V1.1 Changes List, Nov/3/2002 ::
-You can now 'volley-shoot' the ball. That means, push the ball with the shieldgun a moment before you get it. When you got it, it's too late. It will be shot into the direction that you are facing.
Also
V1.3 Changes List, Nov/26/2002 ::
-Volleyshot3: Different Volleyshot power, depending from who the ball came. Coming from friend 50% (3000) more power, from enemy -25% less (1500), static ball normal (2000).
(later reduced to 800 in 1.3b)

I agree with surge a bit
I agree with stulovesyou more :p

It needs to be toned down, spam is the most annoying thing in db, besides playing with bad ppl ^^;
Last edited by MeSSiaH{FCU} on 21-07-2003 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

bleh... forgot when volley was added.. thats why i put .9 :|

Either way volley needs to be made into 2 static numbers. Same team and opposite team. The problem with the forward movement vollies now is sometimes you'll use wall vollies as a last resort when attacking the enemy net. When your sitting on the edge of the crease and can go in cause of a Pbox camper you throw something up and apparetly are penelized for it by having a lower shot speed whihc is kinda lame :|
DudeGuy

Post by DudeGuy »

Surge wrote: the problem is not the bounce, it is the fact that DB uses catch radii opposed to the actual models hitboxes to catch the ball. This is very simply because bigger model = bigger advantage.

Maybe if we got a modeler for DB to make models then we could use actual hitboxes of the models opposed to this bogus radius.

If this was implemented you could also make vareying delays for pickuing up the ball with different parts of the model and such. legs could be .2 seconds longer to gun change than the arms and torso. You could also make the ball bounce off if you are hit in the back by making a very complex model which would make it so you cant just catch passes on the fly through your back (which is stupid).

It would also get rid of keeper suction BS.

the thread is about deflections kthx :ban: :spammer:

anyway, i like the deflections as a keeper because sometimes when i pass the ball downfield, it can be intercepted by some lame fuck just jumping around you, and he can put it in the net, so now if the ball hits him it just bounces away safely for me