Level 18

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

esmivida

Re: Level 18

Post by esmivida »

hashtagmojo wrote: 27-04-2020 07:32 Fairly newish notpronner here, discovered this game from an Instagram post about a month ago and was immediately hooked! So thanks to the devs and everyone who contributed to this game that I must say, aged like fine wine :D

Anyway, I just completed this level and I found it really fun! Out of gratitude, I'd like to offer a hint to future notpronners who reach this level and are stuck. Hopefully it's not a spoiler but if is, sorry... :'( and by all means edit the crap out of it :J

My hint: You literally don't need any external programs if you have AP :D AP and your skills you have gained from notpron thus far is all you need :D

Was that too much of a giveaway? Or was it totally unhelpful? Maybe my hint only applies to 1 in 10000 of the world's population... Either way, I hope you all have fun with this level like I did :D

-hashtagmojo
What's AP?
JackyJac

Post by JackyJac »

esmivida wrote: 27-04-2020 17:44
hashtagmojo wrote: 27-04-2020 07:32 Fairly newish notpronner here, discovered this game from an Instagram post about a month ago and was immediately hooked! So thanks to the devs and everyone who contributed to this game that I must say, aged like fine wine :D

Anyway, I just completed this level and I found it really fun! Out of gratitude, I'd like to offer a hint to future notpronners who reach this level and are stuck. Hopefully it's not a spoiler but if is, sorry... :'( and by all means edit the crap out of it :J

My hint: You literally don't need any external programs if you have AP :D AP and your skills you have gained from notpron thus far is all you need :D

Was that too much of a giveaway? Or was it totally unhelpful? Maybe my hint only applies to 1 in 10000 of the world's population... Either way, I hope you all have fun with this level like I did :D

-hashtagmojo
What's AP?
I assume he means Advanced Placement Music Theory.
Although, as someone who plays the piano and has taken music theory, I'd say it's fine if you still take a while to get it--the method to get the answer isn't quite what you're used to in music theory. :P
esmivida

Post by esmivida »

JackyJac wrote: 09-05-2020 17:44
esmivida wrote: 27-04-2020 17:44

-hashtagmojo
What's AP?
I assume he means Advanced Placement Music Theory.
Although, as someone who plays the piano and has taken music theory, I'd say it's fine if you still take a while to get it--the method to get the answer isn't quite what you're used to in music theory. :P
Thanks!
catastrophe

Post by catastrophe »

Really recommend the Pano Tuner app! Tried some random app initially and it got really confusing. the answer came v quickly after trying the pano tuner app! :)
RafaelPSB

Post by RafaelPSB »

I'm completely stuck... Found some things in the screens but they don't do nothing. And music is teach in different ways and forms around the world so I'm confused as F**k. Someone please help me...
infiniteXforever
Certified Finisher

Post by infiniteXforever »

RafaelPSB wrote: 12-09-2020 20:56 I'm completely stuck... Found some things in the screens but they don't do nothing. And music is teach in different ways and forms around the world so I'm confused as F**k. Someone please help me...
You can PM me.
xLOOMERx

Post by xLOOMERx »

Hope I'm not spoiling anything. A friend who was trying to pass this level had the same problem as some comments I've been reading here: the audio is playing fifths, but most people are listening to the fifth instead of the root note (happened to me too, the fifth itself is more notorious in the web's audio than its root). I don't wanna spoil anything, but you should check out what a fifth is and, if you have the wrong notes, try to find which notes they are fifths of (hope I worded it correctly).
amh

Post by amh »

xLOOMERx wrote: 18-02-2021 20:45 Hope I'm not spoiling anything. A friend who was trying to pass this level had the same problem as some comments I've been reading here: the audio is playing fifths, but most people are listening to the fifth instead of the root note (happened to me too, the fifth itself is more notorious in the web's audio than its root). I don't wanna spoil anything, but you should check out what a fifth is and, if you have the wrong notes, try to find which notes they are fifths of (hope I worded it correctly).
Hmmm, it sounds to me like you are making this harder than it is. PM me with what you are doing.
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

David? I think the title is a bit of an understatement...
Last edited by amh on 06-03-2021 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potential spoilers removed
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I just noticed that the url can serve a bit of a hint on this level, lol. (Google?)
identitycrisis

Post by identitycrisis »

amh wrote: 18-02-2021 21:25
xLOOMERx wrote: 18-02-2021 20:45 Hope I'm not spoiling anything. A friend who was trying to pass this level had the same problem as some comments I've been reading here: the audio is playing fifths, but most people are listening to the fifth instead of the root note (happened to me too, the fifth itself is more notorious in the web's audio than its root). I don't wanna spoil anything, but you should check out what a fifth is and, if you have the wrong notes, try to find which notes they are fifths of (hope I worded it correctly).
Hmmm, it sounds to me like you are making this harder than it is. PM me with what you are doing.
I'm not a mod but I remember doing this level and I solved it by doing what OP xLOOMERx said - perhaps I did it wrong originally? This may have something to do with the fact that I didn't use software (perfect pitch baby), but I just wanted to say that xLOOMERx isn't wrong and it's not making it more complicated :)
Misobean

Post by Misobean »

For a game that's called "Notpron" there's a whole lotta "pron" here.
Simon_Mandou

Post by Simon_Mandou »

Hey,
I tried to use the app that amh recommended, but it is not capturing the audio from either the computer or my cell phone, I tried guessing with the sound waves in Audacity but also without success (some people talked about trying to guess the word, but as the English is not my first language, I find it complicated)

Edit: sorry if it's a spoiler 0_0
amh

Post by amh »

Simon_Mandou wrote: 08-10-2023 14:49 Hey,
I tried to use the app that amh recommended, but it is not capturing the audio from either the computer or my cell phone, I tried guessing with the sound waves in Audacity but also without success (some people talked about trying to guess the word, but as the English is not my first language, I find it complicated)

Edit: sorry if it's a spoiler 0_0
PM me if you want. Did you make some "changes" before using the app?