Rants

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

jooly

Post by jooly »

Well, credit where credit's due - that's a hell of a good squirm! *lol*
supamom

Post by supamom »

DavidM wrote: look what i got from a secret mail. he tried to explain how he got the answer:

I looked up the names of the last 80 playboy
cover-girls going backwards from the day the riddle
was released. I then took the first letter of all of
there names, rearranged them, and got the password!

OMFG:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: DavidM are you trying to make me wet my pants. I saw that on that OTHER SITE and thought it was hillarious!! Well done DavidG!
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

yeah ... david_g.... YOU ROCK LOL
TRock

Post by TRock »

Oh my. I just checked all this out. That's not even the board I was referring to. Oh damn that board is tragic. You'd think folks were racing to find a cure for AIDS the way they're acting. Like beating notpron is so life or death... (well it is but... ;) )

- Tania :)
MTT

Post by MTT »

so now that my suspiciosness has been cleared is there any way you can tell me why it was there in the first place? Im just sorta curious...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

got "you rock" mails too now... followed by hilarious comments
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

....i can't believe that....how stupid are these people in the forum there???
jooly

Post by jooly »

Can I just make sure that all the adware that's suddenly started popping up on my poor computer isn't related to notpron? There are a few dodgy pop-ups, as you all know, and I wondered if there was anything else. I have visited s*****.htm to look.
supamom

Post by supamom »

Ha,ha, i just wanted to say i've been having great fun on those "OTHER FORUMS" making some very sarcastic comments about people being stuck on stupidly easy levels, oh, and if anyone gives out the password "iamamoron" for a level, thank me won't you!!!!!:p :devil:
nighthawk263

Post by nighthawk263 »

:lol: "iamamoron" huh.....somtimes I have considered actually trying something like that after finding out how easy certain levels were and how hard I made them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
maestro

Post by maestro »

The two I really loved were:

"Here's how you get the keyword for 80. Once you have the sound file, open it up, slow it down 3000%. Then reverse it and use some sort of noise removal tool. You'll get a series of pulses - these pulses will be at different frequecies, but all are the frequencies of different music notes. Find out what the letter equivalents are for the music notes and that will take you to another page. This page will tell you to go to the final keyword page -"

and

"the answer is "turpentine"....you can find that by translating a section of the wav file's binary code and converting to ascii, then convert that from hex, and then finally convert that from that crazy html code"

These made me nearly pee in my pants!:lol:
nighthawk263

Post by nighthawk263 »

maestro wrote: The two I really loved were:

"Here's how you get the keyword for 80. Once you have the sound file, open it up, slow it down 3000%. Then reverse it and use some sort of noise removal tool. You'll get a series of pulses - these pulses will be at different frequecies, but all are the frequencies of different music notes. Find out what the letter equivalents are for the music notes and that will take you to another page. This page will tell you to go to the final keyword page -"

and

"the answer is "turpentine"....you can find that by translating a section of the wav file's binary code and converting to ascii, then convert that from hex, and then finally convert that from that crazy html code"

These made me nearly pee in my pants!:lol:

:lol: the second is good!!!! I did'nt relize that so much work was needed......:lol:
maestro

Post by maestro »

Actually, I wish it had been that way. After finally getting the knack of doing the decodes of the decodes of the decodes, ad naseum, it would have almost been fitting.
maestro

Post by maestro »

@DavidM

Maybe it would be an idea to change the rankings page to encompass both a "Hall of Fame" with the true winners of Notpron and a "Hall of Shame" for all those that submit the cheating ending?

What do the rest of you think? Is it giving them too much credit?
Last edited by maestro on 06-03-2005 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
nighthawk263

Post by nighthawk263 »

Might be too much credit given to them, but on the other hand also will be an embarasment to them.....