Sprint decision, coming to an end...

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

Sprint Cup is already planned :p
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

If teams have to play each other twice in a season, why not make the first meeting between teams exclude sprint, with the second meeting using sprint (giving teams more time to practice sprinting skills before an official match)?
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

Bazzi wrote: Sprint Cup is already planned :p

\o/
BruiserBob

Post by BruiserBob »

DavidM, the reason most people aren't posting here is because they think you're gonna do what you want, whether we like it or not. Perhaps I missed it but I don't think you ever even said "I'll go with whatever the poll says". Frankly you're ego drives me nuts with this whole "Pro" thing.

Let me clue you in to something: Just because something makes the game more complex or more "real" DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE WANT IT!

What is with your need to make the game more complex? Here's some other crap you can put in while you're at it:

1. Random injuries
2. Louder crowd noise when home team has the ball.
3. Hitting two keys in succesion rapidly to run faster(To simulate your legs).
4. Random weather that effects the ball physics.
5. Reduced run speed after being killed.

Hell all of these things would make the game more realistic and more "Complex". Are they good ideas? HELL NO. Most people are not looking for a hard core simulation game, do you not get that? Now that I think about it, I'm half afraid you'll actually take some of these joke suggestions to heart.

Leave the damn game the way it is.

BruiserBob
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

NitrousOxide wrote: If teams have to play each other twice in a season, why not make the first meeting between teams exclude sprint, with the second meeting using sprint (giving teams more time to practice sprinting skills before an official match)?

this was my original idea, that would be home decision...but about the half was against this
NaB

Post by NaB »

more than half, about 90%. i think you’ll find most ppl in support of the 'if both teams decide' and have a Sprint Cup on the side idea. wait for the poll i guess but it already looks overwhelming.

oh, and BruiserBob. ROFL @ random injuries :)

you forgot to mention random bad referee decisions as well ;)
TEZC-Rage

Post by TEZC-Rage »

how about throw-ins, corners, goal kicks... o_O imagine how that'd fook up the game with all the volley spam about...

btw why is there a 'throw-in' voice in the DBannouncer package?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

nab, cant i read or what?
it was pretty much 50:50 about that thing in here

"btw why is there a 'throw-in' voice in the DBannouncer package?"

we had only one opportunity to get the sounds done, then we just let them make a lot of stuff that might be used one day
NaB

Post by NaB »

wasnt talking about in here. i talking more in general and from the results of bazzi's polls ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

makes no sense, there was no poll about that
TEZC-Rage

Post by TEZC-Rage »

DavidM wrote: nab, cant i read or what?
it was pretty much 50:50 about that thing in here

"btw why is there a 'throw-in' voice in the DBannouncer package?"

we had only one opportunity to get the sounds done, then we just let them make a lot of stuff that might be used one day

Fair enough, nice to know that.
GODSMACK

Post by GODSMACK »

BRING ON THE SPRINT CUP!!!!!!:cool:
|ES|Pico

Post by |ES|Pico »

Sprint on I think,
Most people want to play volly's only and you need sprint to make the volly itself.The game itself could be speeded up a bit cos it seems slow to me anyway.
night

Post by night »

Originally posted by BruiserBob
1. Random injuries wouldnt add to the game
2. Louder crowd noise when home team has the ball. obviously stupid for a pc game, but would make more atmospher
3. Hitting two keys in succesion rapidly to run faster(To simulate your legs). hmmm.... with one button instead of 2....
4. Random weather that effects the ball physics. i love this idea
5. Reduced run speed after being killed. i would like that, except dying already means you lost posession

yes, i know u were being sarcastic (and no, i wasnt).

im sure no one else is aware of this (obviously) but david has planned on putting a run/sprint in from the beginning.
the old forums are gone (a thread from right after ver 1 was released) so i cant show his response, but i gave the idea in a huge list post i made and he said it was already planned.

just sad that it took so long and everyone became closed minded...

why do we have volleys ? i mean seriously, why do any of you use volley in DB ??
in its purist form, it is nothing more than something stuck on top of the DB you knew. it complicated the hell out of DB because passing can be a huge pain now, really messed up scoring with the back wall passes and teams abusing the volley spead. keepers get raped cuz they have no way of stopping an even slightly good volley shot.
so why the fu*k is it we have volley still ??
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the sad thing is, that the people who don't like it use it at the wrong situations..
i see it in FFA matches how they use it the wrong way, then bitch about sprinting sucking
:/